Chapter Nine

I hugged my Stomach, trying to ignore the waves of hunger that clawed at my insides. "Tori. I'm talking to you" Ashley said from my bed.

            I had learned last week that Ashley wasn’t there. I was high or crazy or something. I had asked Jack and he told me no one was there.

            After the beating and earfuls I had gotten from Ashley all I wanted to believe was that she wasn’t real.

            "I swear to god I'm going to hit you" Ashley barked. I didn’t say anything. I tried to think about food as she yelled.

            I could have had some French something-or-other when Riot took me to France. "Tori" I should have told Jack to buy me a bagel at the hotel. "I know you can hear me." I could probably beg someone for some food. "Damnit Tori!"

            I yawned, still ignoring Ashley. I had taken a lot of mental notes about the different things my body did now, compared to when I was alive. First thing, I didn’t have to go to the bathroom. Second, I was tired but I couldn’t sleep, I remember Riot saying I could only sleep when I was touching her, I didn’t believe her but now when I was about to drop I couldn’t sleep. Thirdly, I hadn't eaten in three weeks yet I was still breathing, it hurt like hell but I was alive.

            "Tori." Ashley said again. I sighed and ran a hand threw my greasy short hair, wiping the grease that was left on my hand on my already dirty pants. I wanted to get out. I wanted to be free. I wish I hadn't gone on that walk and stayed with Riot. She was right about everything. Angels were assholes.

            I laid on the floor, not wanting to go near Ashley, and closed my eyes. I couldn’t sleep but I spent 90% of my day laying down with my eyes closed trying to sleep. I was hoping that one of these days I would just pass out.

            "Tori, you cant sleep." Ashley said. I rolled my eyes at her.

            "I know." I spat back, tired of her constant nagging.

            "See you can hear me!" She giggled and clapper her hands. "Now we need to talk." I rolled my eyes again. Lovely, another rant.

            "I'm not a lair" I said before she had a chance to go off onto a yelling fit.

            "On no. I want you to give up." She said, I could hear the smile in her voice. Give up? On what? "Face it Tori, Riot isn't gonna fly in her and save your sorry ass, she doesn’t care about you."

            Before my mind had time to think of a response my lips moved. "She does care." I moved a hand to my mouth covering it from further outbursts.

            "See! Just give up she's never coming for you, its been how many weeks? she's a demon for fucks sake" Ashley kicked her feet off the end of the bed swinging them like a small child. "don’t you think she would have burst in for the rescue by now?" I just shrugged.

            "Maybe she cant find me"

            "She's your soul-mate she cant she smell you or some shit." Ashley spat the word soul-mate. I couldn’t blame her though.

            "I don’t know"

            "You should. you left me for her."

            "I never left you"

            "yes you did" I decided that now was the time to be quiet, out talked always ended up in a fight and me loosing. Ashley's ghost self was strong enough to kick my ass seven times over. I didn’t want to get into any more fights with her.

            "Ha see you did" She gloated. I ignored her and hummed some music to keep me busy. Days were slow, I didn’t have a window, I didn’t know what time it was or anything. All I had was a bed and a nagging violent ghost. I only knew when days passed because Jack would poke his halo covered head into the room making sure I was alive.

            "You know what" Ashley said, her voice happier then normal. "This room would look better if someone painted it." I didn’t voice it but I agreed with her, I was tired of staring at the blood stains. "You could paint it."

            "how?" I caved and answered.

            "Other people tired, look" Ashley hopped up running her hands along the wall over the blood stains. I rolled my eyes. She wanted me to be another splat on the wall. Lovely.

            "I'm not putting my blood on the wall." I said flatly.

            "why not? it would sure pass the time" I shook my head. She was right though. It would pass the time. I had been humming Metalica for a day now and the songs were getting old. I had gone through my whole mental I-pod on the first day. I was extremely bored. Maybe 'painting' the wall wasn’t a half bad-

            I shook my head quickly getting rid of the thought. I wasn’t going to let Ashley get into my head. I wasn’t going to let her drive me crazy.