Chapter Three

I sat next to the girl on the bed, putting a comfortable amount of space between us. "Where should I start" The girl said looking at me. She kept her eyes glued to me, as if was a treasure. "Okay, So here, I'm Riot." She smiled and put out a hand for me to shake. I looked at her hand, It was dirty, her long finger nails chipped and sharp looking. I shook my head slightly, and she put her hand down looking a little hurt.

            "Well Lets first go off and say hell isn't going to be bad for us" She said. "Hell is heaven for demons, so this place is whatever I want it to be" Riot looked around the room smiling to herself like it was some deep inside joke.

            "Why…Why am I here…" I asked again my voice a scared whisper. Riot sighed slightly.

            "Like I said you're my soul-mate." I shifted uncomfortably under the gaze of Riot's red eyes. "And sense I-" She stopped and shook her head, as if she was shaking out a wrong thought. "Sense our souls are made fore each other we have to be together, Which means you're staying in hell with me." She waved her hand around her little slice of hell/heaven…. Hellvan I wasn’t sure anymore. I wasn’t really sure of anything anymore.

            "What…." I started, my breath getting caught in my throat as Riot turned her red eyes on me again, her black wings rustling slightly. "What are you" My voice was small. I felt small. I was normally a big scary butch girl that would snap anyone's neck if they threatened me, right now I felt like a five year old child without their mother. I wanted, no needed something to grab on to. I needed reality.

            "Demon" She said matter-a-factly. I nodded. that explained the scary get up. She didn’t have a pitchfork, red horns, wings and tail though. "I'm glad you asked that actually." Riot turned her body to face me. I looked at my lap, fear beginning to crawl back into me. I was on a bed with a demon that was my soul-mate. In hell. I was fucked, Well damned more over. I was damned.

            "Okay, So you're human still" Riot started, folding her hands in her lap. "But a human shouldn't be in hell unless they're in the bad part." She paused to rub the back of her neck, Riot looked off to the side of the room, She was acting almost… awkward? "So you cant stay human… But I can change you."

            "Change me?" I interrupted. I could only imagine what a demon could turn  me into.

            "Yes… Into a demon" She said, her voice soft. I shook my head, pictures of horror flicks flashing through my mind.

            "Nope, not happening."

            "Please Tori, Just listen… I know you're scared" Riot's voice sounded like my mother when I told her I was gay, A soft tone that spoke like I was made of glass, like one wrong word and I would shatter. "I'm not going to skin you alive or anything like that, There are three ways to become a demon, Listen to all three before you freak out okay?"

            I just nodded, not really knowing what else I could do. I wanted to scream and run or do anything, But I couldn’t. I was in a room with a demon, That could at any moment rip my throat out.

            "First way, Do bad things in your lifetime…. Clearly that’s out." Riot said, rubbing her neck again looking at the ceiling. "Next is falling in love with a demon… and um…" She stopped, and looked at me, blushing so bright her cheeks matched her eyes. I raised an eye brow, Fall in love and?

            Riot coughed and looked at her feet. "You have to fall in love with me and we have to bang." She said in a rush, still blushing.

            "I have to have sex with you?!" I nearly shouted. Riot jumped slightly.

            "Wait wait! please there is one more way!" She sounded desperate. I folded my arms across my chest feeling oddly brave for my situation. "Okay… So the third way is too loose all hope… It’s the worst in my opinion but probably the best for you.." Riot kept glancing around the room. "It can be pulled off a ton of different ways, the most common is torture…" She ran an fingertip across her nail looking at it thinking. "but… I don’t think I could ever do that… to you that is." She looked up at me, the red eyes still scary but they didn’t look as bad.

            "Torture?!" I screamed jumping up, my heart racing. Couldn’t do that to me? Shes a demon that’s her job, to torture and kill humans. If I had money to bet Id be placing it on the fact I She was just playing with her food and I was her next victim.

            "I cant" Her red eyes bore into me, I took a few steps back, I could run. Who knows where I would end up but I could run, Run from the demon, from hell from those eyes. "Tori…" Riot whispered almost too quiet for me to hear.

            "Please… I cant, We'll find another way, for now please… just sit." Riot spoke softly, I wished I could see emotions in her eyes, Well if she had emotions that is.

            "If you leave I Have to follow you, There is no running." She added. I didn’t move.

            "Theres more to tell you." Riot's voice was a little harder now, her voice beginning to sound like a stern parent.  "Now sit please."  I ducked my head and walked slowly over to her.

            I was going to die here again.

            "Now, Your body is different Tori" Riot said and sighed. "You can't exactly 'die' again" She made air quotes. "Yet you still need to take care of yourself." She put her hands in her lap again. "You need to sleep and eat still. But sleeping will be a bit of a problem." She sighed again and smirked. "You can only sleep when your touching me." I shook my head.

            In high school I had gone days without sleeping. As I grew older I learned I needed medication to sleep. It was nothing new to lack sleep. I guess now I would just have to give up in it. One thing in all of this was for sure, no kinky demon sex, No torture, and no sleeping with demons.

            "I'm not sleeping." I said, trying to sound like I was putting my foot down. Riot's smirk grew into a toothy grin that sent chills down my spine.

            "Whatever you say" She extended a hand touching my forehead, before I could pull away my thoughts were sucked into the deep black pit of sleep.