Promises by Midnight

Promises By Midnight

The conclusion is not far behind!

Don't miss the last few chapters of GOODBYE AT MID SEPTEMBER.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Bryan

-Being City-

It was so dark I hardly think she's there. But every now and then I would hear her say;

Find Me.

And I will. Tomorrow is not an option. We only have tonight...

Suddenly, I felt this Cinderella moment. It was as if the night forbids us to reach that

haunting hour.

Before the clock strikes twelve!

"Diane!" I shouted. "We need to make a deal!"

Silence.

"I'm really not good at this game when it's dark!"

I heard a growl. "Don't you think that that's the point?"

I shook my head. "Don't forget that I am six years older than you!"

"What does that have to do with anything?" She shouted. "Just find me!"

I raced into the trees, trying to seek her out. But there was no one around. Everything was completely still and quiet.

Then out of nowhere, darkness enveloped me and I felt her soft hands covering my eyes.

"I know we don't have much time." She whispered and I heard her sigh.

She lets go of me and with the element of surprise, I grabbed her arms and legs and carried her off. She gasped, of course. She was completely stunned.

"Have a problem with heights, dear?" I teased when she held on to me very tightly, especially around the neck.

"Just put me down. Please." Diane really begged. She was calm but was shaking and I worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I put her down.

She shook her head. "Nothing."

"This isn’t ‘nothing’ to you." I held up her hand that was conspicuously vibrating. "Tell me."