The Reason Behind Goodbyes

To the one I dedicated this chapter to, I really hope it touches your heart in a way.

This part explains this chapter's title! ^^

Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Diane Reed-Country

Nothing happened, of course. I just met the man. We kissed—end of story. It got a bit awkward though. There was that moment of silence, uncomfortable in ways you can’t put it. But, there was also that moment of peace, serenity…that giddy feeling in some way that it was okay.

We finally got dressed not long after the kiss that I allowed. I cooked dinner and woke up Danielle. I wanted to cook lasagna or barbeque but, I prepared roast duck because it is Nana’s favorite.

“That looks good, dear.” She says as she sits down. And the conversation around the table began.

But wait.

Isn’t it weird again?

Today, I met this stranger right outside Mr. Hanes’ bookstore. Bumping into me and rearranging destiny, he made his way into my today—irritating me and challenging me.

What’s weirder is that in every second of my today, he was in it.

And my first kiss was him—without permission—but the real one was with my authority…and it was in my bedroom. And now, he is having dinner with us.

Crazy day

“So, young man, where are you staying at?” Nana asks.

Bryan shook his head. “I was just passing through, actually. I have unfinished business back in the city so I’m really just giving Johnny an attendance check.”

“That’s too bad.” She says and ate more duck. Then her face lightened up again. “When will you come back, though?”

“Uh, I won’t expect it to be soon. I was in New York when Jonathan called and I was about to open a shop there—”

“Then we won’t be seeing you again for a very long time, huh?” I asked and then shoot. Nana kicked me from under the table. Good thing; Bryan didn’t noticed.

“I don’t know.” Bryan suddenly smiled at his plate and continued talking. “But I really think I can’t stand not staying here…in town.” Then he glanced at me. “I do have reasons to come back now, don’t I?”

I got stuck staring at him. He was waiting for my answer.