The Waking Hour

The Waking Hour

Recap: Diane is preparing for her wedding on the sixteenth when she saw Bryan in the news, injured and in a critical state. He had found the letters Diane sent in a bar called Italian Country. When a fight occurred there, he tried to stop it which led to the gunshot near his shoulder blade. Sam, Diane’s best friend, asked her if they will be going to Bryan.

Diane said yes.

_________________________________

Diane, the Bride:

I went to the desk and asked for the man who was shot earlier and the nurse told me that he is still in the Operating Room.

Sam and I rushed to the OR with Steven, who was interrupted from his dinner, and went to a halt when we found Johnny sitting by the doors.

When he looked up, his eyes widened. “Diane,”

“Jonathan!” I gasped and came to him instantly, wrapping my arms around him. “How is he?” I asked as we pulled away.

“His condition is still vital but, the doctor said that it didn’t come too close to his heart. It was his right side after all so, that’s a relief.”

“Thank God,” I whispered and sat next to him. “How are you holding up, though? And how come you’re here? Where’s Anna?”

“She’s with Jana. I was here for a couple of days. I’d been gathering supplies for Fuel and…” he trailed off, shaking his head. “Damn it, Diane, I don’t know what I’d do without my brother.”