Chapter 14-Erin

(Media:Teagan Pathe)

Erin's Point of View

It was Thursday morning when I finally saw the fiery red mop of curls in the hallway. It was briefly before she walked around the corner, but still incredibly hard to miss. No one had even seen her at school since that night, Jodie had looked for her everywhere but she was gone.

"Ashton!" I hissed, noticing him walking into the classroom in front of me. He turned to me, his eyes looked bloodshot and swollen, like he hadn't gotten any sleep. I shocked myself by calling out to him, and from the looks on his face, it shocked him, too.

"I found Teagan!" I took off running then, and from the stomps of his feet I knew he had followed, thankfully. I hated to admit it but witches terrified me. Even if it was a tiny witch with bright doe eyes.

"Library!" I yelled back at him when we rounded the corner and I saw the red head dash into the double-wide doors that lead to the library. 

Ashton bolted in front of me then, making it down the long corridor in seconds, before ripping open the library door and dashing inside. I was right behind him but he still got to her first, she was backed into a corner and Ashton had both his hands on either side of her. She was looking away with her eyes closed, I knew she thought he was going to hit her. I hated to admit it but I knew Ashton better than that. Even in this state he would never hit a girl. 

"How could you ruin lives like that? We were happy, don't you get it? I was fucking happy. I could've fucking made her happy!" He was yelling, and she started crying, and if I didn't get him away from her now, I knew there would be a teacher coming to check on us in a few seconds. 

"Ashton, relax," I said into his ear, pulling him away. He looked at me, at my hand that was placed gently across his bicep, then back at her. 

He let his arms drop and he took a step back, disgust and rage still on his face. 

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, I know-" she began and I held a hand up to stop her. 

"You have been avoiding us, even though you knew you fucked up." She sniffled, looking everywhere but at me. 

"I know, I just didn't know how to tell you, I have no idea how to fix it and I'm sorry-" 

"Where's the spell book?" I cut her off again but she seemed too terrified to mind. I knew she could easily hurt me, it didn't make sense why she was so scared. 

"Back in the restricted section, I don't-" 

"Get it!" I demanded. She began to cry again. 

"Before when I found it I used my magic. I don't have any magic anymore, I don't know how to find it." I didn't even know witches could lose their magic?

"What happened to it?" She shook her head, tears continued to fall. 

"When the coven found out what I had done, playing with demi-god magic. They were livid, they took everything from me. They have me mixing potions back at home. You wanna know who mixes potions? Wizards. Stupid people we can trick into thinking they're doing real magic by mixing together different ingredients. It's degrading, I was supposed to be a coven leader and I would've had the power to-" she stopped talking herself then, no interruption necessary. I raised my eyebrows at her but she looked at her toes. Ashton huffed in annoyance. 

"The power to what?" She stayed quiet for a moment and Ashton began pacing, cursing under his breath at her. 

"I have to show you guys something..." She began to walk away but looked back at us, seeing if we were following. Ashton and I shared a glance before I sighed and started out after her.