Chp 15:

Nicolai:

I watched as she looked around the festival, her eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store.

I could tell she was very impressed with what her co-workers did. As was I.

"Tessa! Ah Tessa!" I looked passed her to see a curly haired brunette running up to her, as she flung her arms around Tessa's shoulders.

"Naomi, hi." she said seeming taken aback.

"I'm sooo glad you are here!" said the girl, who I vaguely recognized from Tessa's work.

"You've got to save me I can't take anot-Oh...oh hello." she said as her eyes darted right towards me.

"Hello"

"I-I didn't know you two were friends?" asked the girl whose name was Naomi.

"Yes, uh so Tess, I'm going to get us something to drink. Anything specific?" I asked her, she shook her head "Anything is fine." I nodded and walked off to avoid an awkward situation.

Tessa:

I watched as Nick walked away, not sure why he did.

"Tessa!"

"Yeah?"

"Are you two..you know...banging?"

"What the heck Naomi?" I said with a laugh, she laughed too.

"I'm serious, you can't leave a girl hanging. First he invites you as his date to his families banquet, and now he is here with you."

I looked away from her, I watched as he approached one of the booths and ordered something for the both of us.

I couldn't help but smile.

"Tessa! Seriously please, spill." she kept saying, I groaned "Fine, yes Naomi I'm banging Nick!"
I said sarcastically.

"That didn't answer anything for me and why do I feel like you were being a smart ass."

"Well too bad, you got your answer." I said shrugging her off.

"If you are wondering if they are together? Then, yes, yes they are." I turned around to face my sister.

"I thought you were with mom and aunt Jen..." I said through gritted teeth.

"No, I came here with friends."

"What friends?"

"Don't worry, I knew them before I met Evan." she said raising her hands in surrender.

"So you two are together?" said Naomi, she had a 'I knew it' look on her face. I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh, Naomi I'm so not in the mood for this right now." I said as I took a seat at a bench not too far from us.

That's when I noticed a drink being set down in front of me, I looked to my right to see Nick straddle the bench seat and look at me, his green-gray eyes bright.

In some ways, they reminded me of snake eyes.

"Here" he said setting down a little bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup and multi colored sprinkles all over it.

"Oh"

He handed me a small spoon for myself, as he took a bite with his spoon.

I smiled "Thank you" he nodded "Well I hope you two realize that this" Naomi said pointing back an forth at us "Just clarifies everything." she said smirking and sitting down next to me.

"Good"

As I turned my back towards Nick, I felt him trace his fingers up and down my back, it made me shiver, it made me grin like an idiot.