Chp 2:

Tessa:

I looked at my phone, the time read 12:12 p.m. I stood up and packed up my things and slipped them back into my drawer of my cubical before grabbing my purse and walking over to Naomi's.

"Hey I'm about to go grab some lunch. Do you wanna join?" I asked leaning up against the cubical wall.

She quickly stood up as she grabbed her purse off of the ground. "Yes! I thought you'd never ask." She said with a slight laugh.

We headed out the door and walked towards the elevator.

The bell rang as we got in, that's when I heard a familiar voice "Hold the elevator!" Naomi clicked the button to open the doors back up as Nick quickly stepped inside.

I gritted my teeth and took a step backwards. "Thank you!" He said smiling at Naomi, she blushed. "It's no problem."

"Tessa." he said giving me a nod before pulling out his phone and veering his attention towards that.

I said nothing, Naomi nudged my arm with hers and looked from me to him as he stood in front, his back to us. I stood still and silent.

As the door opened up and we got to the lobby, Nick got off and quickly walked towards the front doors.

"Lauren" he said giving a wink to a mixed girl with dark curly brown hair who was working at the front desk in the building.

"Mr. Piercy" she said with a seductive look in her eyes as she twirled a strand of her hair around her finger.

I rolled my eyes again. He seemed like such a flirt.

Naomi and I got outside and walked down the steps only a couple seconds behind Nick, I watched as a man dressed in a dark suit opened up the door of a sleek black Audi for him.

"I wonder what that's like." Naomi said as we passed him and the car.

"What is that?"

"What it's like to come from money..And so much of it."

I pursed my lips "In my opinion I doubt it is anything to be proud of."

"Why do you say that?"

"Well think about it. You grow up with tons of money, you don't have to worry about paying for school, or sports, or a lease on an apartment, you don't have to worry about cooking for yourself or shopping for yourself either." I said crossing my arms.

"Wow...somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. What's gotten into you?"

"It's nothing."

"Tess..we have been best friends and have been working together for four years, I know that when you say it's nothing it's something. So spill?" she said as we approached a cross walk and waited for the cars to pass by.

I sighed "Fine..he is an arrogant, self centered, doesn't know how to do anything himself playboy and I can't work with him!" I said aggravated.

"Well dang...tell us how you really feel Tess."

She said looking at me with surprise. "What exactly did he do to you?"

"It's not so much what he did to me, but how he treats others. When Harold and I were going to talk with him earlier this morning, he asked Harold to go get him a drink from Starbucks."

"Oh no! Not Starbucks." Naomi said sarcastically with a laugh.

"Seriously?"

"Sorry" she laughed again "Go on" she said covering her mouth to hide her grin.