Chp 1:

Nicolai:

I woke up and looked to my left to see a blonde haired woman naked next to me, covers draped on her body.

I gritted my teeth and slowly sat up.

I ran my hands over my face and slightly groaned as my head was beginning to kill me due to my many shots of tequila I had had the previous night.

I slowly got up and trudged towards the bathroom to find a glass and some Advil for my headache.

I didn't ever recall coming home with her.

Too many shots.

After choking down the Advil I set my hands on my sink counter top and hung my head low, shutting my eyes.

"Hey you" I heard a voice say from next to me. I opened my eyes and raised my head to see the woman standing behind me.

As she held the covers that we're wrapped around her body. I turned around to look at her, I didn't say a word.

"I had a great night last night." She said as she bit her lower lip trying to look seductive.

I gave her a fake smile and walked passed her.

"I'm so sorry to do this to you, but I've got to be at a meeting in about thirty minutes. But thanks for a good night."

I said lying, as I picked up her clothes off my floor and handed them to her.

She looked at me, agitated as she put her clothing back on and walked out of my room.

I heard a loud slamming sound come from downstairs. Her slamming my door shut no doubt.

"Can I get you something to eat, sir?" a familiar voice asked from my doorway. A lanky gray haired man in a black suit stood there-still.

Maxwell, my butler.

I slightly smiled "That'd be great Max, sure." I said walking over to my closet to find a shirt to wear.

"The usual?" he asked, I nodded.

"Great, I shall let Fredrick know." he said as he walked off and down the steps.

Fredrick was my personal chef. One of the best in the city. I looked at the clock; it was a quarter to eight in the morning.

It seemed so much earlier because of my hangover.

I looked out of the corner of my eye to see my German Sheppard named Charlie come into my room and lay down on his bed in a corner.

"Hey buddy" I said rubbing his belly and scratching behind his ear.

That's when I heard my phone ringing. I winced at the sound of the ringtone.

"Hello?" I said squinting my eyes

"Nicolai! Are you on your way over?" It was my dad.

"I'm sorry? On my way to what?" I said scratching my head and yawning.

"On your way to the company office? Did you just wake up?" He asked sounding frustrated.

"Yes and no. Wait I thought that was tomorrow?" I said confused

"No Nicolai! I specifically told you yesterday that you'd be joining the event planning team at Piercy and Jansen Inc. today to help with the plans for the festival."

He said raising his voice.

I sat there for a second and thought of the events from the previous day, not once recalling him telling me this.