29 - Cleanliness and preparations

On the first Bast, the night had been calm and the brigade of sentries was finishing breakfast when a small contingent arrived at the camp, mostly made up of women who acted as accommodators.

The work of accommodation was a temporary function and those who assumed this role were preferably women because of their great capacity to observe and appreciate even the most insignificant details, which was particularly useful in cases such as this, in which a specific scenario had to be simulated.

These groups always included some men, especially those with a lot of physical strength to be able to hold the ushers, who were often suspended on ropes supported by simple cranes  of medium load, formed by an isosceles triangle made with two long rods joined to a much shorter third that rested on two trunks buried in the ground with a fork at its outer end, In this way, both sides supported the trunks in a rocker's beam and a rope passed through the upper part where a stockyard with a chair knot was placed, in order to lower it through a precipice and leave it at a distance where it could work with the wall, placing small rocks and sand to make the ascent more complicated by this slope, the men were in charge of supporting the structure to raise and lower the stockyard as needed along the whole wall.

These inventions had been developed by the iron clan and were perfected little by little by the other clans that used them for different tasks, mastering the technique of assembly and handling of these structures quite well.

When the ushers arrived, they immediately searched for Kmer to tell him that they had to go down to see how they arranged things in the slope of the entrance to leave it in such a way that the Saurians discarded going up to the entrance because it would be dangerous to try, they had to leave no possibility of access from that side, it had to seem so dangerous and inaccessible that they didn't even try.

They examined the access throat and seeing the slope that went up to the entrance to the cliff, they decided to leave this road full of a great quantity of small round rocks of different sizes in a precarious position so that any touch would make them roll downwards, taking with them whoever had touched them.

Another group of collectors took to the edge of the entrance several of these rocks, which had been carefully selected giving preference for those that were the size and shape of a small orange, the collective of ushers took them and put them in a saddlebag, were hung from the cranes and they were balancing them almost from the base, in such a way that to the smaller pressure they slipped, leaving the route very unstable, in addition in other steeper zones, another contingent of ushers let fall abundant sand, so that the slope was even more complicated to climb and it did not seem to be a viable way.

Above they placed in order a series of large rocks piled among themselves, constituting a kind of wall that from below seemed to be a formation of rocks on the verge of collapsing and they totally covered the entrance, trying to give the sensation that there was no way to climb on that side and as from there it was a vertical cliff of great height, so that it looked like a plateau that had risen directly from the ground it was practically impossible to enter the mountain on this side and on the other side there was an almost impassable swamp full of hungry semi-aquatic Saurians that prevented a safe crossing, because the Saurians in spite of their number and capacities were also part of the food chain and although they turned out to be quite good in the water, they were no match for the aquatic Saurians, nor for the giant sharks that dominated the waters.

This work took practically the whole day and in the end, they checked the work and it was quite well done.

- They won't go up here and if they try they could lose a few teeth.

- Some will be crushed by the rocks above if they try to climb.

- Does anyone know how Lur followed?