14 - Works

The storm beat furiously all over the valley with great winds and copious rain, the trees waved from side to side, but without breaking, the design of its branches and leaves absorbed the impact of the wind and diluted it into the forest, The surface of the lake was agitated in strong waves caused by the wind but the enormous size of it absorbed all the water of the storm without affecting the height of the tide, however the streams became torrents and the rivers surpassed their flow overflowing and destroying everything in their path.

Far away at the entrance of the mountain due to the accidents of the terrain, torrents were formed that went down the cliff and dragged everything that was on the ground, in the middle of the storm and protected by a deep darkness, only illuminated by the lightning of the light hammers, the brave collectors worked frantically carrying the remains of the Saurians to the place where it would simulate that the massacre of them had occurred in the jaws of a herd of enormous wolves, the watchmen on duty guarded them far enough away so as not to flood the area with their smells, The inhabitants of the mountains already knew that the Saurians had bad eyesight, a hundred steps away they lost perspective and were not able to detect movements, but they had a very fine sense of smell, being able to follow a trail by their smell with extreme precision, but for their part, humans had discovered how to deceive that fine sense of smell with the essence obtained from plants whose sap was abundant and flowed from the cuts produced in the trunks of certain trees.

This sap mixed with water gave them a safe and very efficient way to deceive the smell of the Saurians, that is why they used it to mislead them, creating traces that suddenly disappeared far from their settlements, confusing them and angering them, for it seemed that their enemies had learned to fly like the great flying lizards, which dominated the sky and which from time to time attacked both Saurians and human beings, but that in these latitudes the lack of hot air currents did not give them sufficient sustaining strength to fly freely.

The group of collectors who did this delicate work was led by Koba, who after the meeting in the Village had returned and had not wanted to rest after the meeting and massacre of the explorer group of Saurios, he was very clear what they should do and did not trust that others could do as it should, so personally supervised the frantic work of simulation and concealment.

- Leave those bones there next to the head of the saurian.

- Shall we remove the wolves' remains?

- No! Let's wait until it rains a little less

- Bring the head of the Herald!

- How do we prepare it?

- Slit his neck with the trident, place it in the direction of the lake.

- What about these viscera?

- Try to spread them around the head

- What waste, these guts could be very useful!

- Yes, but you must leave them there, because wolves are not like us, although they are scavengers they usually leave remains of their hunt everywhere.