7 - Alarm in the Clan - The flight of Lur

- We must go for Lur! - shouted Lana, daughter of Yom

- No! - said Koba son of Koba - It's not convenient yet.

- We don't know if there are any more beasts in the forest, we don't even know if Lur is still alive.

- It's moving! - said Sema who had been watching the state of Lur since the riddled Saur fell almost on top of him.

- There are no more beasts - Lana sentenced

- If there were more, they would already be shouting the alarm cries...

Humans knew of some of the signals with which the Saurians communicated with each other in a primitive but effective and complex proto-language.

The Saurians grunted, gorgoriteaban, croaked, but also emitted some bellows in low frequency that served them as signals of long distance to launch alerts of danger, of humans, of abundant hunting and other alarms that the humans had not identified, some of these were absolutely inaudible for them, but if they were to be to the suitable distance, in a range of ten to a hundred steps they could feel them as vibrations in the environment, this sensory capacity was not extensive to the whole human species, it was very rare and above all it was given in the youngest who were curiously more likely to be able to perceive these alterations in their environment, but before or after that range of distance nobody could feel and much less hear anything.

The most feared by the whole human race was the latter, inaudible but perceptible, which they had called "There are humans here", because it triggered the massive attack of all the hordes that were relatively close, before the possibility of abundant and delicious food and the perspective of continuing to annihilate the terrible enemy that was for them the human being. The mammals in general could not hear any signal of low frequency, but those who, for some reason not yet understood, could notice the vibration warned the rest of the tribe that a Herald was "Transmitting" and they were all invaded by an enormous panic because, although they were in an advantageous position, they knew that in a short time Saurians would arrive from all sides to kill them and then eat them.

But fortunately for humans, launching a low frequency call was not easy and only a few of the Saurians within a horde could do it, although not spontaneously, they had to prepare their throat muscles, consciously enlarge the rib cage, inflate their lungs and emit it, for this reason generally in every advanced group or exploration of the Saurians, there were at least two warners or heralds.

When the roar came out of their throats, nothing was heard, it was a very low tone, deep and totally inaudible to the ears of human beings, but this vibration or low frequency sound, traveled a long way in the middle of forests, mountains, water surfaces, being perfectly audible to the Saurians at great distances, about six or seven lengths.

- Let's go down! Lana insisted

- Good! said Koba, but only four will go and the rest of us will be pending up here, because it's still very dangerous.

- Who wants to go?

Everyone raised their hands in unison and Koba rolled his eyes, snorted noisily and decided personally who would be the ones to go down starting with Lana, for he knew that, even if he did not choose her, she would go down anyway without anyone being able to stop her.

- Lana, Sema, Krull and Yoba, come down, the rest of us support from here - he said while he thought that he too would have signed up to go for Lur if it had been possible.

They set to work, some went to bring long ropes with a series of thick knots spaced along and especially at the tips, where they could rest feet and hands, Krull and Lana would come down from one side of the gorge, Sema and Yoba ran to another line of descent to descend further to the bottom, it was better to do so, descend or ascend from various points to mislead the predators because they would be confused to see them climb to different places and for an instant would not know which group to pursue, giving them the time to escape in a case of urgent need.