Chapter 25

"Are you sure you're alright? I can make you some tea. My mom says that helps with headaches." Elijah had already brought me a bottle of water from the fridge in the living room as well as some Advil from my nightstand. He was currently in the process of tucking me into bed after leaving me alone only to change into my pajamas.

"No, thank you. I'm already feeling a little better. I also don't like tea, but I appreciate the thought." He still looked concerned. You'd think I had the flu, but with someone as caring and sweet as Elijah, every little thing is important.

"How about I stay with you until you fall asleep. I don't want to leave you all alone when you're not feeling well." I texted the girls that we were leaving early because I felt under the weather. I remembered to tell them that they should stay as long as they wanted and enjoy themselves. The last thing I wanted to do was spoil their night. It's bad enough I already did that to Elijah.

"You don't have to do that. The night is still young. Why don't you go back to the party and relax with your friends." His expression morphed from one of concern to a soft smile as he pulled my desk chair to my bedside.

"First of all, how many times do I have to tell you the party means nothing to me? Secondly, how could I possibly "relax" when I'd be thinking about being with you instead?" He punctuated that with a kiss to my nose. "Third of all, I'd much rather spend time with you than be around a bunch of drunk kids in the middle of the night into the early hours of the morning." He smirked at his answer, knowing that I couldn't argue against that.

I relinquished. "Okay, but you don't have to stay here with me just to wait until I go to sleep." He grabbed my hand and leaned back.

"Ahh, don't you worry about me. It's not like I have a party to go to or anything." I chuckled, already forgetting about what exactly happened at that party in the first place.

↞↠

"Ohh, Sleeping Beauty is awake! How 'ya feelin', babe?" Elizabeth was eating cereal on her bed with a book on her lap, swinging her legs over the side.

I stretched my back, yawning, before sitting up and facing the enquirer.

"I feel fine. I don't know what came over me last night." I will her not to ask any more questions. I want to avoid discussing Gnat entirely.

"Hmm, maybe you were just dehydrated or exhausted or something. You were standing all day working on clients after going to a lecture. I don't think class, work, and a party in rapid succession works well together." Thank goodness!

"I bet you're right. I'll take that into consideration next time."

"Yeah, you definitely should. Sooo... Guess who was here holding your hand when I got home last night? Or should I say this morning?" My attention snapped awake.

"So he did stay." I spoke under my breath and smiled to myself. Why didn't I know Elijah would stick to his word?

"What was that?" Liz was munching away on her Froot Loops.

"Nothing. So, what time did you get back? I hope he didn't get a crick in his neck sleeping in that uncomfortable wooden chair. He's crazy for even wanting to sit on that thing."

"Oh, he wasn't asleep. I peeked in from the hall when I noticed your desk lamp was on. He kept looking at you as he wrote something down when I came in only about an hour after you left. Spencer had to go because he had an early class, so I had no reason to be there anymore." She was smirking. "I have to say, you guys are pretty adorable, like all the time." I was blushing, not thinking about how adorable we are, but how adorable, charming, endearing, loveable, et cetera he is. That list is endless.