Chapter Two

-Aubrey-

     As soon as I walked into my room Macy gave me a look. "What?!" I questioned. She raised her eyebrows. "So, you and my brother..." she says. I nod," We're... Um, mates." She smiles," Finally. I thought my brother was going to grow up all alone!" she exclaims," He hasn't dated anyone since he turned fifteen." "Oh, really? But, I would have thought since..." I gulped awkwardly," Um... Since he's so cute... That, erm..." I trailed off. Macy gagged," EW!" I giggled.

     I turned out the lights, preparing for sleep. "Night," I said to Macy. She yawned," Night, Aubrey."

********************************************

     "Morning sunshine!" someone screams in my face. I open my eyes and yelp. Macy was right in front of my face giggling. "It's Saturday!" I whined, pulling the covers over my head. She laughs," And I hope you realize it's one pm." I shoot out of bed. "ONE PM?!" She nods," I decided I needed you to get up now." "Why?" I asked. "Cause Trent has been calling and texting me non-stop, wondering when you'll be up," she explains. "Really?" I wonder. She groans," Yes! He is so annoying."

     I get ready; take a shower, brush my teeth, straighten my hair, put make-up on, and get dressed. Macy and I finish getting ready at the same time. I hear her phone ring. "Hello?" she asks, annoyed. ... "Ugh, YES! She's awake, okay!" ... I blush. ... "You know what I'll text you her phone number, and you can ask her yourself," Macy snaps, then hangs up. "I need your phone number so I can give it to Trent," she states. I give it to her and a minute later my phone rings.

     Macy laughs," Your ringtone is call me maybe?! Haha." I roll my eyes and answer the phone," Hello?"

"Hey Aubrey, this is Trent."

"Hi Trent," I smile.

"I was wondering if your free tonight?" 

"I am," I say.

"Would you like to go out with me?"

I nod, excited, then remember he can't see me," Yes!"

"Awesome can I pick you up at seven?" Trent asks.

"Sure."

I hang up and Macy laughs," I still cant believe that song is your ringtone." "Shut up."

We go to for lunch at a little cafe, and then come back and go to the pack living room. We watch tv, then I check my phone. 

Trent: Hey beautiful

Me: Hi!

I sigh. Aw, he's so sweet. "Who's Trent??" I hear my sister ask. I turn around and se she's reading my texts over my shoulder. I push her away," Nunya!" She laughs," Ooh. Feisty, are we?" "No... I mean, yes!... Ugh." She raises her eyebrows, and hops onto the couch. "Who is Trent??" She sings. My eyes widen," Shh!!!" She grins," Tell me or I'll tell everyone you met this... Trent." 

"Okay, okay! Trent is my new roommate's older brother," I said looking at Macy. Macy grinned," And..." Was she starting to ruin my life?? "Oooh, and???" Layla asked. I shook my head mumbling," My mate..." I heard my sister gasp. "You found your... Mate??" I nodded. She grinned and started jumping up and down, clapping her hands. I did a face-palm. "How old is he?" "Seventeen," I answered. Layla's jaw dropped," Ah, snap! Two years older!" My phone buzzed.

Trent: I can't wait for tonight

Me: Me either :)

 Layla grinned," Tonight?" "He's taking me on a date." She smiled," I'm going to tell Josh!! Bye!" I groaned. Oh gosh.  "What time is it?" Macy asked. "Five," I grinned. Only two more hours. I felt myself being lifted into the air and turned my head to look at my "older brother", Max. "Hey sis," He said. "Aye bruh!" I mimicked his deep voice. He chuckled and ruffled my hair putting me down. "Oh, hello again," Max said, staring wide-eyed at him. I knew that look... "You guys know each other? GOOD! I need to go to get ready for my date!" Max crossed his arms," Date? With whom?" Such a protective brother. "I'll tell you later, bye!" I exclaimed running to the elevator, leaving Macy and Max alone. I got up to my room, ready to start getting ready for my date with Trent.

-Macy-

I woke up at twelve. I jumped up, eyes wide, staring at the clock. Oh wait....I didn't have school! I laughed to myself and grabbed my iPhone. I stared at Aubrey for a moment. How was she not awake yet...? Urg. I clicked on instagram and scrolled through my friends' pictures for at least half an hour. I pulled up the camera part of it and glaced over at Aubrey with a smirk. I snapped a picture edited it, and captioned it 'My new roomate, Aubrey. Lazy much?'

At one, I finally got tired of waiting. I got on top of Aubrey and stared at her. "Morning sunshine!"

I spent the rest of the day with Aubrey, helping her get ready. I sat in silence, helping her do her hair, or pick out a dress, or put on her makeup, as she droned on and on about Trent. I wasn't really listening. The whole time I was thinking about that guy, Max. He was really nice.....

The doorbell rung and I got up, opening the door. In walked him. It was Max! I smiled. "Hello again," he greeted me, his eyes wide. There was something in his eyes that I couldn't recognise. "Hi," I said softly, smiling at him. I was generally a shy person...but he was just so inviting! "Bye Aub!" I called after her. Max smiled and looked in to my eyes. "Would you like to go to dinner?" he asked. I grinned, "That would be amazing."

********************************************************************************************

Max and I arrived at the dining hall. It was absolutely amazing! The dark blue walls were warm and made me feel comfortable. Max pulled out a chair for me, gesturing for me to sit down. "Thank you," I said smiling. He sat next to me and we were brought our food. "So, how long have you been here?" I asked.

"My whole life," he replied.

"Really? You were born here?"

"Yep."

"Of course Max was born here! He is, after all, the Alpha's son!" said a girl passing by us. I looked up at him in shock. "Y-You're....?" Max slightly blushed and nodded. "Yeah. It's not a big deal, really." I stood up, "I....I have to go." I walked to the elevator quickly, leaving a gazing Max behind. When I got back to the room, Aubrey was sitting on the couch watching tv. "How did your date go?" I asked slowly. "AMAZING! He kissed me," Aubrey squealed. "How was your date with Max?" she asked, raising her eyebrows. "It was...nice."

"Nice? Just nice?"

"Yes. Just nice."

"What happened?"

"We had an amazing date, but then...some girl told me that he's the alpha's son. How could he not have told me? Ugh, it's just so...frustrating! I'll never be good enough for him, plus, he lied to me!" I groaned.

Aubrey put her arm around my shoulder and handed me a beer. "Um, no, I don't drink. Thanks though," I said quietly. I sat on the couch next to her and sighed. The rest of the night we sat on the couch watching NCIS, and eventually fell asleep there.