Chapter Three

-Aubrey-

I come to my room, and a few minutes later Macy came back to our room, to help me get ready.        By the time she's finished, I'm in a purple sun-dress, with matching make-up, and my hair is up in an elegant loose bun. I gasp and wrap my arms around her," Thank you, Mace!!" She squeals," No problem." I hear a knock on the door. It's only 6:30... Macy goes to answer it and I grin. It's Max. "Hello again," he smiles at her. I almost sigh but catch myself. "Hi," Macy giggles. "Would you like to go out tonight?" She nods. "Bye Aub!" Macy says," Have fun on your date!" "You too!!" I respond. I sit down and look on instagram. Oh no! She did not just post that... MACY. A picture of me asleep?! Oh heck to the no. I sigh and hear a knock on the door. I answer it and there stands Trent, looking quite dashing. He wears a white dress shirt and black dress pants. He grins at me," You look amazing." I giggle nervously," You too." He takes my hand, and leads me to his very own car, a black jeep. That's nice. It takes awhile to get there but we finally arrive at a very very nice restaurant. We step inside and my jaw drops. This place was fancy... VERY fancy. "Wow, Trent..." He smiles at me. We end up having steak and we talk a lot. I find out a lot about him.   "So, do you play a sport?" I ask. "Baseball," He says, then asks me. "Oh, I don't play a sport but I'm head of the school's dance team." He grins," That's cool." I nod," What's your favorite color?" "Blue, yours?" I giggle," Blue." This goes on and on for a while. "I have a question for you," Trent says, smiling sweetly. "Go ahead, ask." He looks around," Will you be my girlfriend?" I'm in shock... Complete and utter shock. Did he just ask me what I think he asked me?? I could only manage to stutter," Y-yes." He grins and leans down, pulling my lips to his. The kiss started out gentle, his lips slowly moving with mine then, I felt his tongue slide across my lip, asking for access. I give it to him. His tongue slides into my mouth, giving a whole new meaning to the world perfect. I gasp as we pull away and Trent gives me this look... Oh, I could get used to this look. I smile shyly and lean my head on his shoulder. I feel him stiffen, then relax again. I yawn and he buries his face in my hair. "Tired now, are we?" he asks. I nod and he pays for the meal, taking me to the car. We get back to the pack house and I try getting out of the car, but I almost trip. Wow, I'm tired. Trent comes around to the other side of the car and picks me up. I smile and bury my face into the crook of his neck. In no time we're back to my room and he unlocks the door, carrying me in and putting me on my bed. He kisses my on the forehead," Goodnight." I smile," Goodnight Trent." I fall asleep then wake up like twenty minutes later. I change into my PJs, let my hair down, and wash off my make-up. I then sit down on the couch and turn on NCIS. I go to my mini-fridge and pull out a small bottle of beer. I hear the door open, and in walks Macy. "How did your date go?" she asks. "AMAZING! He kissed me!" I squeal. "How was your date with Max?" I ask. She looks down," Oh.. It was... Nice." "Just nice?" "Yeah, just nice," she says sadly. "What happened?" "We had an amazing date, but then...some girl told me that he's the alpha's son. How could he not have told me? Ugh, it's just so...frustrating! I'll never be good enough for him, plus, he lied to me!" she pouted. I put my arm around her shoulder, then offered her the rest of my beer. She needed it more than I did. She shook her head," I don't drink." I shrugged... She'll come around. A few minutes later I heard a snore and grinned, turning my head towards Macy. She was asleep, drooling. I snap a picture and put it in instagram," My new roommate. She drools and snores in her sleep." As soon as I post it Trent comments," She is such a drooler!" Then Max posts," That's cute." I snort. That is anything but cute. I nudge Macy," Hey, yo, girl... Move to your bed, sleepy head." She slowly gets up and plops onto her bed, then passes out again. I laugh and turn off the tv, then the lights. I climb in bed and hear a knock on the door. I open it and there's no one there. Hmm... I go back to bed then hear another knock. I turn on my lamp and look around. Standing outside on our porch is Trent. My eyes widen and I open the door. He grins," Hey." "Hi," I smile weakly. "What?" he asks. "Nothing, I just wish I knew you were coming over. I look like crap," I responded. He touched my cheek," You look beautiful." I snort," You liar!" He shakes his head," It's true." I roll my eyes," Whatever. Would you like to come in." He nods. I close the door behind him," You know there are no boys allowed into the girls dorms." He grins," So, I'm breaking the rule." I nod and plop down on the couch. He sits next to me and puts his arm around me. I lean into him. He laughs," Well, you don't seem to mind that much." "I don't,"  I felt like I had known Trent forever. He was like my missing puzzle piece. He was perfect. I fall asleep and later wake up to Trent carrying me into bed. He lays me down and kisses my forehead, turning to leave. I groan, then yawn," Wait, stay Trent." He turns around," Isn't that against some rule?" I nodded," Well, let's make out own rule. You can stay here tonight." He grins," I like that rule." He climbs into bed with me and pulls me close. "Comfy, are we?" Macy asks. I jump and Macy laughs. "I caught you, I caught you!" she sings. Trent wakes up," Mmm, Macy shut up and leave my girlfriend alone." He pushes me back to down and tightens his grip on me. Macy snorts," Trent, do you know what mom and dad would do if they saw you like this?" Trent groans again," I don't care. That was the best sleep ever, and I'm going to continue it." Macy sighs," This is gross. I wake up to find my roommate all snuggled up to my brother. Ew," she fakes a gag. Trent throws a small pillow at her," Shut up and let me sleep." Macy shrugs and I settle back into Trent's welcoming arms. I wake up to find Trent staring at me. He whispers in my ear," We have an audience." I look over at Macy and find she isn't alone. Max is with her and staring at me in amusement. I jump," Uh, hi Max." He grins," You didn't tell me?!" I shake my head and yawn. He chuckles and takes Macy's hand. "We'll see you later. Tell Trent to meet us at the cafe," Macy says with a smile. I guess they made up?? Hmmm...We get in to the elevator an,  with my luck, my mom and dad waltz in. My mom looks between Trent and I. She comes up with my dad. I mentally groan. "Who's this?" My dad asks. I weakly smile," Um, Dad, Mom... This is Trent. He's my mate," I introduce him. My mom practically squeals," Oh, it's so nice to meet you!" My dad smiles," Awesome. Just great." I smile. Trent shakes their hands," It's great to meet you both." I grab Trent's hand and pull him towards the door," Well, we have to go. We're meeting Max and Macy at the cafe. Bye!" We get into Trent's jeep and I groan," My family is SOOOO embarrassing!" Trent smiles at me," That's fine." He kisses my cheek and we head to the cafe. It's a cute little place, obiously family owned. I love it. Insdide, we see Macy and Max.

  *********************************************************************************************    

-Macy-

I woke up the next morning to find Aubrey and my brother cuddled up in her bed. I shuddered at the sight. "Creepy..." I whispered. I stood over them with a smirk, "Comfy, are we?" Aubrey jumped up and I laughed. "I caught you, I caught you!" I sung. Trent woke up," Mmm, Macy shut up and leave my girlfriend alone." He pushed Aubrey back to down and tightened his grip on her.  I snorted," Trent, do you know what mom and dad would do if they saw you like this?" Trent groaned again," I don't care. That was the best sleep ever, and I'm going to continue it." I sighed," This is gross. I wake up to find my roommate all snuggled up to my brother. Ew," I faked a gag. Trent threw a small pillow at me, "Shut up and let me sleep." I shrugged andsat down on the couch.

About an hour later, I hear a knock on the door. I get up and look through the peephole to see Max. "Go away!" I yelled. "Macy, please, let me explain," he began. "No! You lied to me."

"I'm so sorry. I really just didn't wanna intimidate you. Please give me another chance...?"

I groaned, "Fine." I let him in and he sat down on the couch. "So, Aubrey has a new boyfriend?" I nodded, "Yeah, my brother." Max laughed and looked at them. Looking back at me, he smiled and asked, "Will you go to the cafe with me?" I smiled, "I'd love that." A moment later, Trent and Aubrey woke up. After talking for a few minutes, Max invited them to the cafe and we left. Max led me out to his car. It was a beautiful red mustang. "Wow....that's really nice," I said quietly. Max blushed, "I don't normally drive it. I don't wanna seem...spoiled." I laughed, "You are sooooo not spoiled! You're the most modest guy I know." He opened the door for me and I got in, "Thanks," I said softly. He nodded and sat in the drivers seat. He glanced over at me while he was driving. I could see this odd expression in his eyes....was it adoration? I wasn't sure, but he seemed so happy. Was that because of me? Before I was able to think of an answer, we arrived.

 It was a small shop that looked cozy and warm. He opened the door for me and we walked in. "Hi, can I have the usual please?" Max asked politely. The woman nodded and I glanced up at the menu, obviously not sure of what I wanted. "Make that two," he corrected. We sat down and our coffees were brought to us. I took a sip and gasped, "Wow. It's so good!" Max laughed and took a sip of his. A few minutes later, Aubrey and Trent showed up. "Hey Max, can we head back now?" I asked. He nodded, "See ya later, Aubs. Nice to meet you Trent." We got in his car and drove back to the house. As we walked in, some pretty girls gave me the evil eye. One walked past me with her coffee and 'accidentally' shoved me, and while doing so, spilling her hot drink all over me. "Oh. Oopsie. Hey Max, while she gets cleaned up why don't we go to breakfast?" she asked with a wink. I gasped and felt a single tear roll down my cheek. I turned around and ran in to the elevator, quickly shutting the doors behind me. I had never been that embarrassed in my entire life! I walked in to my room and noticed that my cheeks had turned a rosy pink from embarrassment. Max began frantically knocking on my door. "Go away!" I shouted. "Macy, please, Rebecca is a jerk. I would never go to breakfast with her!" I glared at the door. "Why would I even care? We aren't dating or anything." I heard his sigh through the door. "I turned her down in front of the whole pack. Do you know how much it embarrassed her? I did it for you."

Later that night, Max took me to the beach. We sat in the sand, gazing out at the ocean. "Thanks for being my best friend, Max." He blushed and kept his eyes on the ocean. I stood up with a mischievous glint in my eye. "Race you to the pier!" I called. I morphed in to my wolf form and took off, my sliver fur blowing in the wind. Before I knew it, Max was running beside me, a big brown wolf. I barked a challenge to him and dashed in front, even faster than before. As we neared the pier, I knew that I was going to win. We stopped at the old wooden pier and sat on some rocks, back in our human forms. "That was so much fun!" I laughed. He chuckled and we watched the sunset.

There we sat, the cool waves lapping over our feet. I laughed and looked over at him, our eyes meeting. Suddenly, everything changed. I got lost in his deep blue eyes and everything made sense. I had found my mate, he had just been disguised as my best friend. Until now. He leaned forward and his lips touched mine. He pulled back and looked at me with a grin. "I love you, Max," I whispered. His reply was to help me up and put his hand on the back of my head. I kissed him deeply, arms wrapped around his neck. Everything was perfect, but perfect only lasts so long.