Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

-Aubrey-

I wake up and look next to me to find a sleeping Trent. "Aw," I sigh aloud, and brush my fingers along his cheek. He's so cute!

I slowly move his arm off my waist, and crawl off the bed, trying not to wake my mate. I slip on my sweatpants, throw on a hoodie and go downstairs.

I run into Libby and she laughs at me. "What?" I ask. She points to my neck and I run to the bathroom, looking for a mirror. Libby follows me. I take a good look at my neck and gasp," How..." I recall what Trent and I did before bed. Well, I mean, we had a heated make-out session. Oh. "You have a huge hickey!" Libby giggles. I look down and bite my lip," So?" She laughs," What are your parents gonna do?!" My eyes widen... Uh-oh.

I go back upstairs to find a still-sleeping Trent laying across my bed. I ruffle his hair lightly and grab his sweatshirt, which is way too big for me, and slip it on. It covers my neck... Perfect!

I then run back downstairs grab some breakfast and come back upstairs, where I find a still-sleeping Trent. I put the breakfast tray down on my dresser and sneaked up next to Trent, then jumping on him screaming," Morning, my love!"

He jumped slightly and then sits up, rubbing his eyes. He stares at me and then lightly kissed my cheek," Good morning, Aubrey." I smiled at him and he noticed our position; I sat with my legs wrapped around his waist, straddling him. He smirked," Well... That's a first." I rolled my eyes," Oh, so you want this to happen every morning, eh?" He pinched my cheeks," Well it sure as heck wouldn't be the end of the world." He then winked at me. I giggled and pressed my lips to his.

We then ate breakfast and talked about how much it sucked that Spring break would be over in five days. "Well, my friends sure will be interested in meeting you," I told him. He chuckled," Mine will probably come visit in a few days... They want to meet my gorgeous mate." I blushed," Ha. Ha." He grinned at me.

The door bust opened and I jumped but relaxed finding it was Max. Then he started gasping and a horrified look came across his face. "Aubrey!" gasp "Macy....Madeline!" gasp "She...captured!" gasp. He spit a bunch of words out and I jumped up," What???" "MacyandIkissedandspentthenightonthebeachtogetherandthenwhenIwokeupshewasgone!" he spoke fast.

"Woah woah woah, slow down!" I screamed. He groaned, "Macy and I kissed and spent the night on the beach together and then when I woke up she was gone. I heard her scream and there was a video of her strapped to a chair! Madeline was there and she said that if I didn't show up and become her mate she would......she would kill Macy!"

My heart stopped. Who is Madeline? What's her problem? I felt myself getting dizzy. This was over-whelming. My face drained of color and my teeth started chattering. My whole body was shaking and I felt like screaming... But instead I fainted.

********************************************

I woke up to a hand squeezing mine. I opened my eyes a blinked. I took in my surroundings and realized I was in the pack's infirmary, with my sister sitting next to me, squeezing my hand. "Layla?" I asked. She hugged me," Oh my gosh. Aubrey, are you okay??" "Why wouldn't I... Oh." I gasped as the memories came back to me. Some crazy chick named Madeline had captured Macy. I screamed and felt my head start throbbing.

"Shhh... Calm down," Layla soothed. "Where's Trent?!" I yelled. Layla shook her head slowly," Honey... He and Max went to rescue Macy. Other wolves went with them, though, don't worry." I shrieked and tears started falling down my face," No! No! I was supposed to go! I have to... I have to go help her!" I started trying to get up, but Layla held me down. My mom and Dad came into the room," Trent didn't want you getting hurt!" "I DON'T WANT HIM GETTING HURT EITHER!!!" I screamed, loudly," I LOVE HIM!" Layla patted my arm," Shhh..."

Then Josh came running in with the pack doctor, Helena. Helena walked towards me," Listen, Aubrey, he is going to be okay! I need you to calm down and answer some questions for me, alright?" I shook my head," NO!" I once again struggled to get up but was once again held down by Layla. I felt like I was going insane," STOP IT! LET ME GO!! LET ME GO!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

Libby comes running in, bless her, and sits down next to me, and basically shoves chocolate ice-cream down my throat. I swallow it and glare at her," What the heck, Libs?!" She shrugs," It always calms you down." "I know, I know, but I have to go! Trent is out there fighting, probably. Please, please let me go!"

My mom lays her hand on my shoulder," Darling, he's with a bunch of wolves." "AND?! How would you feel if Dad were out there fighting, and you were FORCED to stay here and wait?!" My mother closed her eyes," Baby, I really didn't want to do this..." "Do what?!" I ask. She gulps and a tear rolls down her cheek as she nods at Helena. Helena grabs a needle from the counter and jabs in into my arm, injecting whatever substance was it there into my body. I scream," WHAT THE HELL?!!!!" Layla gives me a pity look, and I start feeling tired. "NO!!! TRENT! TRENT!" I yell on the top of my lungs. Libby grabs my hand, and I feel myself getting drowsier. "I'm... I'm sorry," she cries, tears falling down her cheeks. I scream one last time before darkness over takes me.

-Macy-

I opened my eyes in a dark room with nothing but the

hospital bed that I was laying on. All of the day's events suddenly flowed back

to me and I began to sob hysterically. What about Max? I had endangered his

life by falling in love with him. I knew that I had to find a way to escape and

save him before Madeline got to him. I phased in to wolf form and ran at the

door attempting to knock it down, but it was no use. I had to get out and save

Max for he had no idea what horrible trap awaited him.

-Max-

I ran through the woods with Trent, now a large black wolf,

at my side. I followed the scent of Macy frantically. I had to find her,

nothing else in the world mattered. Suddenly, Trent stopped and barked loudly

at me. I turned around slightly annoyed and phased back to human form. "There's

something wrong with this. You and I both know that Madeline is to smart to

leave such an obvious trail." I thought for a moment and shook my head. "I don't

care. Either way, this is where Macy was. I have to find her." Without another

word on the subject, I began running again.

-Macy-

Have you ever cared about anyone more than the world? Everytime

you see the person you get butterflies in your stomach, no matter how often you

see them. Every moment you're not with them it feels like you're incomplete and

you feel a deep sense of absolute comfort when they are around. That's how I feel about Max, but a million times

stronger, and nothing in the world could keep me from him. I phased back in to

human form and sat on the bed thinking. I felt a cool breeze and gasped. The

air vent! I pulled the cover off and hoisted myself up in to the air ducts.