25. Focus On Myself

"Get out of my sight," he hissed with such venom that Eric thought he had been poisoned from his mere voice. He was evidently bothered by what he had seen on the news, but he deserved an explanation.

Eric instantly reached forward for him, "Draven, it's not what—"

"Don't touch me," he spat, pulling away from him and standing to his feet, "now get out." His shoulders were broadened menacingly, and Eric observed the manner his fists balled. This was not the Draven he remembered.

He bit his bottom lip, "Let me explain."

"I don't care to hear your explanation."

"Draven, it was not even a kiss—"

"Then you're telling me the picture was a fake?" he growled.

Eric shook his head, "It wasn't a fake but—"

He clicked on a button from his desk and said, "Guards, there's Eric Valence in my office—"

Eric leaned forward, pushed his hand off that button which caused Draven to stumbled backwards and hit his head against his bookcase. They were both breathing heavily, but that had gotten Draven brazed with more fury. He roared, slamming his fist against the bookcase as his head began pounding, and Eric flinched, taking a few steps back.

"Draven please, listen to me."

"I sacrificed so much for you, Eric," Draven exclaimed in heavy breaths, shaking his head as his face distorted with pain and hurt. He was more upset than he was angry, "I almost ruined myself for you, and I begged you to come back to me, to which you said you would. You said you loved me, right? And the moment I turn my back, you go and do that to me?"

Eric could feel the strain in Draven's tone, how much he was hurting and he felt his own eyes fill with tears, his throat begin to clog as he shook his head slowly, "It was..." he heaved, "It was just a joke—"

"I don't care if it was a joke Eric!" Draven screamed, and it was certain the people outside the office could hear them. "I don't care if you were dared, or if you were just trying to have fun," he stepped around his desk, "you kissed him. Knowing that I love you, and that I was waiting for you."

He bit his quivering lip, whispering, "I'm sorry."

"I don't want your sorry."

Eric was desperate, tears leaking from his eyes as he breathed, "Then tell me what you want."

"I want you to leave," he snapped, hatred in his gaze. "Adelina was right, you were ruining me and I wasn't even realizing it. I made you a huge part of my life when I shouldn't have, and that was my fault." He leaned forward with gritted teeth, "But now that I realized, I don't want to ever see you again."

Eric choked on his own tears, gasping for air as he stared at Draven not having a single care in his eyes. He wanted to reach for him, embrace him, he wanted Draven to tell him that it was all an act, that he was sorry about all he had just said. But it wasn't, because those icy blue eyes had never seemed colder.

Eric panted, "You were getting yourself back with Adelina anyways."

"What are you talking about?"

"She was in-and-out of your office."

"To talk about the costs it would take for the divorce since its being processed, and how much of my assets would be handed off to her," Draven shouted back stressfully, "not to get back with her. Do you trust me that little?"

Eric cursed at himself; he had been overthinking. Adelina was around because of the divorce, but he still said, "You're saying that you didn't do anything with her ever since then, not even once?"

"I've never done you wrong Eric, ever. I loved you from the bottom of my heart, from the very core. I haven't once lied to you. Not once, and I've always been there for you, haven't I?"

"Yea but—"

"When you showed up late the first day, I came to your house the next day early in the morning to make sure you weren't late anymore." Draven's own eyes swelled with tears as he listed off his fingers, "When you were belligerently drunk and your supposed friends left you, I came out of my way to take you to my place. When the whole staff was trampling on you for getting the newest projects, I told them to shut up."

He continued angrily, "When I had been rude to you and made you clean toilets, I named you co-author because that's what you deserved. I even signed divorce papers on live television at a press conference for you to see that I was serious about you, about us. I waited for you for weeks when you weren't talking to me because of what you heard on the news, called you every day while I should've been the one receiving a call, to make sure I was okay."

Eric bit his bottom lip, his vision blurred by how much the tears had overwhelmed his sight. His continuously sniffled, starting to have hiccups because of how hard he was crying.

"I've done so much for you, and you couldn't stop yourself from making out with another guy, for me." Draven scoffed, turning his head and wiping his left cheek where the tear had fallen, "I'm not letting myself be hurt over this."

"Draven, please I—"

"I need to focus on myself anyway," he turned back to Eric, "but I'm glad that you came today, so I could let you know how much I hate you."

Eric's breathing stopped.

"I hope to never see you again."

Before he could build enough courage to say something, the security guards bursted through the door, and carried Eric from the floor.