23. Let's Dance

Draven marched into his office the next day, exhausted since he had not slept the entire night. However, it was strange, since he was followed into the office with none other than Adelina Malcom.

She had approached him at his door in the morning, begging to talk to him, and he had simply ignored all her talk about, "Maybe we shouldn't divorce." They were good friends, but although he gave her the time of the day, he was not prepared to spend the rest of his life with her having a hold on his name.

Eric watched as she hurriedly followed behind him, and he opened the door, closing it behind both of them. A few eyes eyed them suspiciously, and Jason approached Eric's desk, whispering, "What's going on?"

"I don't know," Eric replied quietly, staring at the closed door.

Rebecca walked past Eric's desk, "Maybe they're back together—"

"Draven would never do that to me," Eric snarled back, narrowing his eyes in Rebecca's direction.

Jason shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, you two are on a break."

Eric gulped; it was true. And suddenly he felt uneasy.

The door opened once again, and Adelina exited, appearing surprisingly content. Draven followed behind her, and they disappeared in the elevator together.

Jason chuckled, "She seemed quite happy."

The entire day, all Eric could think about as he continued to edit the rest chapters of Cold Shoulder, was what Draven had been doing with Adelina. They were for sure not having any intimate relations, Draven would never do that to him. However, it was fair to think so since they were on a break, and were allowed to do whatever each of them wanted.

It was even worse, since Draven, other than greeting Eric, did not have a conversation nor glance in his direction. When Eric knocked on his door for help, he told him to ask the secretary to hand stuff in his office. He seemed tired, with dark circles under his eyes and he was not dressed formally, rather simply wearing a black sweater with the hood reaching his eyebrows.

The thought of Draven returning to Adelina pondered his mind over and over again, to the point that he jumped from his seat when Jason tapped him on the shoulder.

Jason raised an eyebrow, "It's past five; let's go get some drinks." As always, Rebecca was standing near him, waiting for them. However, Eric's entire body stiffened when Adelina returned to the floor, and marched towards Draven's office again.

"Lina," Draven said as he opened the door, "Why do you keep coming here?"

He closed the door before more of the conversation could be listened to, and Eric sighed, packing all his belongings. As he entered the elevator with Jason and Rebecca, it was at the same time Draven and Adelina exited his office, and made it on time before the elevator doors closed.

Adelina realized that Eric was there as well, and smirked, "Greetings to you."

Eric nodded his head stiffly, not glancing in her direction, "Hey."

"You are still working at my husband's work?"

"Ex-husband," Draven added impatiently in the corner.

Jason and Rebecca were standing in their middle, their tongue far down their throat as they remained quiet in uneasiness.

"The process has not been completed yet—"

"Let's talk about it at my condo, alright?"

"At your condo?" Eric repeated, frowning as he turned to Draven who frowned as well.