17. No Words

"How are you?"

Draven did not answer, rather stood from his couch and handed her a mug with coffee.

He had not showered in days, done nothing but lay in his sorrow, shuffle in his bed hoping to make the pain go away. He felt as if his life was reaching its lowest points, and he started receiving hate mails, death threats online, and even losing sponsors. His entire floor had been shut down, Mr. Gravers separating his editors for different authors until his return. He still had not dealt with whom had told on him, since his focus was to find Eric.

He went to his appartement, only to find Melissa there with Justin; he was not surprised to find them in an intimate relationship. She had hurriedly placed her clothes on, and raced to the door, "I thought it was locked."

Eric had not been seen by either of them even since the news had been out, and frankly, none of the three had any idea where he was. Draven asked Jason and Rebecca since they had been the closest people he had in his floor, and they cluelessly shook their head, having not a single clue as to where he was.

However, as soon as the door closed, Jason peeked his head into his bedroom and said, "He's gone."

Eric emerged from under the bed, sighing as he said, "Thank you."

"You're welcome, even though I'm still somewhat salty that you didn't tell me about your whole relationship—"

"For the tenth time," Eric breathed in annoyance, "he told me to keep it between us."

"I wonder who could have leaked your relationship to so many news reportage," Jason wondered, Eric following him to the living room, "Apparently Draven is sick at the moment but it's obvious he's been suspended for a few days."

Eric felt guilty, but used as well, since he had no knowledge of Draven having a wife. He should have been smarter, checked the internet or something, but it was only until it was leaked that the truth appeared. Eric had been successful in hiding from Draven for a week, that he had stopped looking for him, and instead simply blew up his phone, leaving voicemail asking him to meet at the beach.

He asked everyday, to meet with him at nine p.m on Forkhill Beach, half an hour from their city. He went there everyday, waited about an hour and simply returned home since Eric never showed.

His secretary sat beside him, "You should come back to work."

"I'm not ready yet," Draven replied quietly, his voice raspy as he dragged his feet to his bedroom, when he slumped on the bed, setting his coffee down on his bedside table.

The secretary sat on the edge of his bed, "Everyone misses you."

"Does everyone mean you?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "Maybe I do, a bit. You can talk to your prosecutor, have all those news reportage sued for sharing illicit recording that you had no knowledge—"

"I don't have time nor money to spend on that," he breathed sadly.

She paused for a moment, before suggesting, "We should find out who it is."

"I already know who it is."

"Who is it?" she asked eagerly.

He shook his head, "I'll confront them soon enough." He turned over in his bed and closed his eyes, mumbling, "Leave me alone, please."

After a sigh, feeling bad for him, she patted his back to which he flinched, and exited the bedroom. Draven was tired, his only passion was to write, not to have such scandal around his name. All he wanted was to find love, and he never believed to create such news around his name.

He had liked Eric, and his company was relaxing. The way he seemed a bit nervous whenever he was around, but also had a bit of an attitude, not allowing anyone to take too much for granted from him. He also had a sensitive heart, a forgiving heart, hence why he wanted to go speak with Melissa.

He snuggled his face against his pillow; why did he not want to speak with Draven? He wondered that question for hours at a time, wishing he would get just a phone call from him, or even a one word text telling him that he was alright. Him who had always been on his phone during the day, continuously checked it to see if he had any messages from the one person he needed right now, Eric.

However, nothing.

The bell rang.

He stood from his seat and marched towards the door of his condo, only to find the one person he did not want to see.

Adelina Malcom pushed past him and entered his condo, setting her purse down on the kitchen counter. Then, she turned to face him and when she took hint of the gloom on his face, her red tainted lips pulled downwards as her identical blue eyes examined him further. Her manicured fake nails reached for him, and he did not resist, letting her embrace him into her arms.

He lowered his head, Draven H. Malcom beginning to sob against her shoulder, as she quietly listened, not saying a word.