The envelope

I jumped on the couch landing near Chris who was eating a chocolate bar. I smiled at him and in response he gave me a toothy smile. His teeth were covered with dark brown chocolate and some of it was smeared on his face.

"Here, take this!" I handed him a tissue paper and he started wiping off the chocolate. Aw. He looked so cute.

I took the remote control and started flipping through different channels until I spotted my favourite show "TOM AND JERRY". I jumped with excitement. Suddenly I heard my stomach rumble. God! I was HUNGRY! I made my way towards the kitchen and started making a sandwitch for myself.

I shoved it in my mouth and enjoyed as the delicious ingrediants melted on my tongue. I dropped the plate in the sink and caught a glimpse of something lying on the counter. Moving forward I grabbed it and a sudden memory of last night's conversation clicked in my mind. It was an envelope, pure white. It was the same envelope my stepmom had given me. I think my dad had sent it. I opened it without hesitation and was surprised. Inside the envelope was a cheque of $100,000 and some pictures of our lovely childhood.

I gazed at the picture of us together. My Mom was wearing a light green top with blue jeans and a beautiful smile was spread across her face. Dressed in blue was my Dad, his eyes shining with happiness, while i was gaping at the plate of pancakes in front of me. Behind me Andrew was standing with his gaze on the pancakes ofcourse. More pictures were to follow. One by one I looked at them and tears rolled down my cheeks.

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I knew it was him. I turned around and wrapped my arms around him. I sobbed uncontrollably until his hand reached out to pat my back. I pulled away and looked into his eyes.

"Grace. I need to talk to you. Please can we go somewhere?" Chris said

"Sure" I whispered.

........................................................

Sorry guys! i know this chapter is way too small.. its kinda filler ok? love u all..

VOTE FAN COMMENT