Memories: Good and Bad!

I climbed the stairs, still wondering about what Jem had said. "He's... Changed." How could that possibly happen? I knew Josh since two years. Yes, he wasn't much of an open book who leaves himself vulnerable to everyone.But what exactly could change him? My absence? Well, thats ridiculous. He wasn't forced to leave me or was he? And how did it change him anyways?

My mind was constantly struggling to get a clue or anything that would eventually give me an answer. I plopped on my bed and gazed at the frame on my side table. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I wondered why was it all a lie?

"I LOVE YOU, GRACE"

These words were engraved in my memory. I heard his voice echo in my mind.

"Grace, you are the best thing that ever happened to me."

I couldn't take it anymore. I loved him and that was my biggeat mistake. No thing in this world could urge me to forget him because however hard I tried I just couldn't get him off my mind. Every single word that he said to me meant the world to me. He made me feel extremely special when he was around. Was it just to break my heart.

I wish that day would somehow be erased from my life. The day when I needed a friend. The day I fell in love. The day he gave me a hand and pulled me up leaving lonliness and sorrow behind. The day I met JOSH ANDERSON.

I hurried to my locker and blindly shuffled through my stuff looking for my Mathematics book. Suddenly my phone beeped. I looked at the screen and smiled when I saw it was a text from Andrew, my eldest and only sibling. I loved him because he was my only friend with whom I could share every single thought without any difficulty. As I began to read the text, the smile gradually changed into a frown. It said.

"Sorry, Grace but im tired of this. Dad comes home drunk and beat the crap out of mom for no reason. Hell. And there is nothing I can do. I can't take it anymore. Im going to end my life, because I dont want to live a meaningless life. A life of a coward. Goodbye Grace. Take care of mom Ily. Love Andy"

I stood there motionless. Is it a joke? No, Andrew never lied and I had been noticing that he seemed a bit tense since last week. Tears streaked down my cheeks as Andrew's words flashed in front of my eyes. He was not only my brother but also my best friend. The thought of losing him was unbearable. I was too lost in my thoughts and didn't realise I was getting late for my class. The whole corridor was empty. I sat down hugging my knees and started crying. I burried my face in my hands and sobbed endlessly until I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I looked up and my emerald green eyes met a pair of beautiful blue eyes. He had a welcoming smile on his lips. His face looked a bit familiar. I grabbed his hand and let him pull myself up. He looked at my face with so much love and care that I felt as if Im in a dark room surrounded by darkness and he is the only spark of light. He pulled me closer and slightly brushed my tears with his hand. I looked up at him and our gaze locked. We stood there with his arm around my waist and I found myself completely lost in the mesmerizing deep blue sea of his eyes. The bell rang, indicating that the last period was over. I moved away from him and once again sorrow took over my face. I looked at myself wondering who was going to take me home. HOME! no, I dont wanna go home. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I lowered my gaze so that no one notices me crying. Are you crazy? No one cares about you they won't be spending their precious time noticing you. With these thoughts I moved away from the corridor which was now filled with a huge crowd of students. As I reached the parking lot I realised that I left my bag near my locker. I turned around just to find myself inches away from him. He smiled politely and handed me my bag. I looked at him closely and recognized him. He was in my math class, but what was he doing outside with me? He missed his class just for me? He cleared his throat and I looked at him questioningly.

"Um. I was wondering if I could give you a ride home?" He flashed me a big smile.

"Sure, Thanks" I said pleased. It was better than walking miles in such a weather....

A sudden knock on the door made me roll over and land on the wooden floor with a loud "THUD"

"OUCH!!" I groaned.

Chris appeared from behind the door and started chuckling. I glared at him.

"Haha! Grace why are you sleeping on the floor?" He grinned

"Oh. The bed ain't so comfortable" I said sarcastically

"Haha! Never mind. I just came in to let you know that someone's here to meet you!" He said.

"Ok, I'll be there in a bit" I smiled and started getting up, when it hit me that who could it be?

Was it Josh? No, Chris won't let him in alive. Then who could it be? I headed towards the living room to figure out who it was. Whoever it was had it's back towards me.

"Um. Hello?" I said trying to get a closer look. The person turned around. My eyes went wide as I looked at the person in front of me. You kidding me? What the hell is she doing here? Anger flared in me and I fought the urge to punch her straight in her face.

................................................

Umm thankss for reading.. Luv u all..

Guys please vote!! I need 13 votes and 70 reads fr ths one..

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT!!

MeemXx