Hurt And Betrayal.

Chapter 1

" Ur arms are my castle ur heart is my sky.. They wipe away tears that i cry"

With these words a thousand memories clouded my mind. I looked at the mirror and noticed the dark circles forming under my eyes, same eyes tht once used to shine brightly with only happiness. A wave of pain rushed through my heart breaking it into a million pieces, same heart whose every corner was unaware of sorrow and pain. But now my life was changed and i could feel horror and pain flowing through my veins. It had been two weeks since Josh left me and I still dont know the reason but deep inside something tells me that he just used me to get to Sarah. The name brought cold memories of my best friend, my ex best friend. I felt cheated, betrayed on the single thought of her. She knew that my feelings towards him were real. How could she do this to me? I glanced at my hand and saw trickles of blood forming on the brutally cut skin. Anger raged inside me. I took the blade and in one go cut my wrist that was visible due to the weakness. Blood poured out in a large amount and i winced in pain. Suddenly the whole world swirled around me and soon i was lying on the floor unconscious

I opened my eyes as sunlight flooded the small, enclosed room i was lying in. The whole furniture appeared to be white and clean with no speck of dirt on anything. I looked around and noticed a tall slim figure sitting on the chair near my bed. Her long, dark brown hair were roughly tied in a ponytail. There was no hint of the cheerful, warm smile that was always on her lips. Her chocolate brown eyes shone with tears. As soon as she saw me she came hurriedly and pulled me into a tight hug, one that seemed to break every single bone in my body. It took me a moment to realise what i had done a few hours back. I gazed at my hand which was now covered in white bandage but I could see a smudge of blood on it.

"Sweetie, are you alright?" ,she asked me, pain and worry flashing in her eyes.

"I think so."

I whispered.

She looked extremely concerned and resembled my mother while doing so. I looked at her and shook away the tears that were starting to form at the thought of my mother. Yes, she wasn't my mother because my mom died three years back.

After about half an hour we were ready to leave. I was still lost in my thoughts when i heard a familiar voice.

"Are you okay, Sweetheart? do you want me to carry you?"

I looked in the directiom from where the voice had been coming.

About twelve feet away I could see a tall, muscular figure carrying a slim girl who was clutching him tightly. A wave of hurt and anger passed through me. I felt as if deep down inside me the little hope tht i carried shattered. Tears welled up into my eyes and I brushed them off with my sleeve. I lifted my eyes and saw that Sarah's leg was covered in a bandage. She looked shocked to see me there while Josh stood there gaping at my arm. I turned and walked away. I was still thinking about what just happened when my aunt's phone rang. I looked at her as she nearly yelled at the person on the other end.

She finally hung up and came towards me.

"Um. Im sorry sweetie but i think i've got to go. Chris got a detention and this time the teacher wants to meet me. You mind if you have to go on your own?" ,She asked me with her eyes full of hope.

I nodded and headed towards the parking lot.

I sat in silence as the driver took the last turn to my aunt's house.

As soon as we reached I ran towards my bedroom and locked the door.

I lay on my bed and soon drifted off to sleep.

......................................

It was dark and misty. The cold night was filled with someone's uproarious laughter. I looked to my left and saw a pair of blue eyes filled with love and affection. His hair was messed up and he looked kind of cute. We were sitting on an old park bench, enjoying a hot cup of coffee. It was extremely cold. I was lost in his beautiful, blue eyes. I could feel my mind shouting "He is mine. Only mine." His lips curved into a huge smile as soon as he found me fascinated by his features. It made me blush and I covered my face with my hands. When I glanced back at him he had disappeared. I looked around and yelled out

"Josh! Josh! Where are you? Josh!"

My eyes fluttered open and i felt a gush of cold wind across my face. I strolled towards the wimdow to shut it but the mesmerizing view kept me spellbound. The whole garden sparkled like diamonds. I guess it had rained a few minutes ago. It seemed as if it was the start of a new life. The drooping flowers once again blossomed, the old trees were young again. At the far end I could see Chace and Zack having a water fight. The sight of these two troublemakers somehow made me laugh. The next moment I found myself all wet, shouting abuses at Chris.

"Chris! You are so DEAD!!"

I shouted out

"Hahaha. Catch me first and I'll get you a dagger" He said.

I caught up speed but soon realized that he was way too fast for me.

Chris was about my age and we studied in the same school. He was my cousin and was a complete jerk. There wasn't a single prank that he didn't play on me. While on the other side he was sweet, caring, funny and CUTE!! He was the single boy on earth who let me mess up his hair. Although he hated it but still due to some reason he would never mind me doing it.

We came to a stop and I was out of breath.

"Chris!"

I screamed my lungs out but it came out as a slight whisper. Suddenly I was lying on the floor and Chris was running to fetch my inhaler. I felt as if my throat was on fire. Soon he came back and gave me the inhaler. After a few minutes I was lying on the ground with my head in Chris's lap. I was breathing hard. I closed my eyes and suddenly felt him grab my hand.

"Oh My God, Grace I'm so sorry! Are you okay?." he said.

I opened my eyes and saw the guilt in his eyes.

' It's okay Chris, I'm fine.' i said getting up and giving him a reassuring smile.

Having asthma really makes you wonder who is actually there for you but Chris was the only person who was always with me through thick and thin and I loved him for that!

"Cmon lets get you inside before you... Hey what happened to your arm"

Uh-Oh.. What am i going to tell him? Should I lie to him. No, that wont be appropriate because Chris is good at catching lies. What should I do?