9

°•~☆~•°

°•~☆~•°

After what felt like hours, we finally arrived at Sterling Hotel, one of the hotels we were going to stay at throughout the duration of our stay at Eaglesvale and I will say this; the hotel was huge. It looked more like a palace than an actual hotel given that it was located near the Pier and an amusement park.

"Alright everyone. We're here." Matthew announced after parking the car at the Port chochere. 

"Finally! My ass was hurting being cramped in this damn car." Maren said as she stretched her arms. 

"Wasn't two hours at the gas station enough?" I asked.

"Not if it meant spending another four hours being cramped in the car again."

"She ain't wrong about that, my neck hurts from sleeping uncomfortably in the car." Kevin agreed.

"If you felt uncomfortable you could have just slept on my lap." Maren said.

"Really?"

"No."

"Welcome!" 

We all turned our attention to Claire, who was accompanied by two baggage porters. 

"I trust you all had a safe journey." She smiled brightly.

"We did." Matthew answered with a smile. 

"I brought Beverley with me if that's okay." Maren said gesturing towards me. "Her twenty first birthday is on the night of the gala."

The middle aged woman gasped turning towards me. 

"It's really nothing special." I said. 

"Nonsense!" she exclaimed. "You are practically coming of age and being given the key to life; where you really get a taste of adulthood.

"Not to forget you can choose to get married at twenty one." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Oh! Uh..." I sputtered feeling my face flush with embarrassment as I shot Maren a look that said, 'Help me out here!'. 

She rolled her eyes and said, "It's too soon for her to be thinking about that. She's never had a boyfriend."

If my face wasn't red when Claire talked about marriage, it most certainly was when Maren disclosed my non-existent dating life. The thought of putting a gun to my head and shoot myself had never been so tempting.

"You didn't have to tell them that, Mare." I muttered under my breath. 

"You're making it seem like it's a bad thing. I'd give anything to be single, so I wouldn't have to deal with my useless boyfriend."

"I'm right here!"

"Why don't you search my pockets and check if I have any fucks to give, Kevin."