21

°○°○°○°

°○°○°○°

"Miss Bee?" Someone caught my attention.

I looked up from the book I was reading and met the gaze of a five year old girl standing in front of the desk I was seated at with a look of guilt on her soft face.

"What is it, Mary?" I asked, closing my book.

"I accidently knocked over one of the bottles of paint when I went to put my painting on the window to dry." She said, fiddling her fingers nervously.

I let out a sigh. 

It wasn't the first time such incidents had happened around the class. It was either some paint brushes and vases were broken or someone spilled paint or water on the floor. It is expected from kids around the ages of three to five years - they tend to be very energetic but clumsy.

 And one thing I learned from being a part time assistant art teacher at a preschool was patience and being able to monitor and manage the kids - but gad damn it was hard to keep these hyperactive these kids had at a minimum, but I enjoyed being around them regardless. I really enjoyed seeing how lively and how curious they got at almost everything. It made me reminisce about the days when I used to be curious, energetic, and adventurous - before I found out about mom.

"It's okay, Mary. I'll clean it up." I assured her.

"So you're not mad?" she asked.

"Not at all." I smiled gently. "Just be careful next time, okay?"

"Okay." She smiled back and returned to her classmates.

I checked the time on the big clock on the wall and soon learned that school was going to finish soon. I rounded up the class  and gave them instructions to clean up; put the brushes, paints, and aprons away and pack their things.

After seeing the kids off, I went to the janitor's closet to retrieve a bucket and mop to clean up the spilled paint. Fifteen minutes, or so, passed. I put the mop and bucket away and plopped myself down on the teacher's chair with a sigh. 

I was exhausted - exhausted from lectures and school in general, and exhausted from handling a class full of overactive kids. I wanted nothing more than to go home and catch up on some Netflix movies and anime with some mint chocolate ice cream and a bag of chips. But sadly, I had two assignments due that needed to be completed.

My mind started to wonder to my previous conversations with Saro and Maren.

...you developed an attraction towards the guy. It's small, but an attraction, nonetheless. And the reason why you're angry and having sleepless nights stems from that incident where he referred to you as someone else.

I frowned. There was no denying that there was some truth behind Saro's words, but I wasn't certain if that hypothesis was true. Yes, my curiosity did spark an attraction towards Matthew. I was surprised that I noticed the smallest details about him - things that I had overlooked all those times I had seen him.