28

°○°○°○°

°○°○°○°

Nervous. That's all I felt.

Nervous when I woke up.

Nervous when I drove to school.

Nervous during my lectures.

Nervous during Maren's mentoring session.

A week had passed by. I had already collected the results from the clinic and bought three pregnancy tests as soon as I was done with my lectures for the day. 

I had planned on opening the results and taking the tests as soon as I got home to confirm if I was indeed pregnant. The very thought of such a possibility was enough to put me on edge all day.

I tried to sketch something in my sketch book but I wasn't able to focus and couldn't control the shaking in my hand, making a lot of mistakes and erasing them. But watching Matthew directing the photoshoot and what needed to be done was calming and relaxing to say the least – especially how he a lot of work and enthusiasm into his work ethic.

"Okay, let's break." He announced. "We'll start again in fifteen minutes."

Everyone scattered around the studio, going about their business.

"Hey," he smiled, approaching me.

"Hey," I smiled, putting my sketchpad aside. 

I noticed Maren was nowhere to be found. "Where's Maren?"

"I sent her to the storage to get a few things for the shoot with Donna. I hope those two don't kill each other on the way there."

I chuckled at his remark.

"You good?" he asked

"Yeah...I'm fine. Just tired."

He furrowed his eyebrows, staring at me dubiously. "You seem more distressed than tired."

"Well it's been a stressful week so yeah. I am a bit distressed."

"About what?"

That the chances of me being pregnant and you being the father are close to high but I'm definitely not gonna say that since I'm yet to take the test and see for myself and I'm very my anxious on your reaction when I do tell you eventually.

I sighed. "I don't really feel like getting into it at the moment."

"Oh..." his expression dropped.

"It's not that I don't trust you or anything. I do. I really do." I quickly said know that he was going to take it the wrong way. "It's just...it's a lot to unpack and my emotions are all over the place."

"Not talking about it won't make it any better either, Beverley." He pointed out.

"I know but I'll tell you eventually. Just not now, okay?"