four

chapter four

season two episode one ; undercover

part two...

ninety-ninth precinct...

evidence room...

nine-oh-five am...

Jake and Amy stood opposite each other in the evidence room.

"Okay. So now that we are alone, I have to ask. Did you arrest a perp named Joe Uterus?"

"Oh, my god, yes! I should have told you immediately." Amy laughed. "Perp name hall of fame, right?"

"Oh yeah, first ballot. I mean, it's right up there with Sylvester Stools and Janet Storkmuncher." Jake laughed. "Ah but also, I just- I know we left things kind of weird. You know, me saying that I liked you. I want to apologize."

"Oh?" Amy asked.

"Look, before I went undercover, I'd been keeping part of myself a secret for a long time. So much so that at work, here and on the job I made myself seem like a flirt and such, but that's not actually true. I've been afraid of this part of myself for a long time, but I need to tell you the truth. I'm gay." Amy blinked. She hadn't expected that.

"Oh. Then why did you..."

"Say that I liked you?" Jake guessed. Amy nodded. "I guess I was feeling nervous, and I was worried about dumb things. In fact, I'm dating someone, we've been together for over a year. So, I want to apologize for what I said. It was dumb, and it wasn't intended for you."