fifteen

chapter fifteen

season two episode four ; Halloween II
part one...
two weeks later...

Kenzie watched with amusement as Jake flittered between the racks in the thrift shop, looking for the perfect suit for the Halloween Heist. When Kenzie had gotten food poisoning, it had been pretty nasty. He had a high fever, was throwing up even though he had nothing left in his stomach, and then managed to contract a cold that left him with a sore throat, raspy cough and a mild chest infection, so he'd had to take another week and a half of sick leave. He'd only just gotten better the day before and was back to work with Jake the next day.

"Jake," Kenzie called over, lifting a black suit with a red shirt and black bow tie. "What about this?"

"That's the one." Jake grinned from ear to ear. He looked around and spotted a top hat that went perfectly with the outfit.

"Very sexy." Twenty minutes later had Kenzie was shaking his head as Jake bought a black tailcoat off a street magician who was failing miserably.

ninety-ninth precinct...
bullpen...
the next day...
nine-fifteen am...

The next day, Jake and Kenzie came into work together almost 15 minutes late and out of breath.

"You're both late, Peralta, Knox." Both of them sighed as the Captain tapped his watch.