one

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

chapter one

prelude of season one . . .

kenzie and jake . . .

streets of brooklyn . . .

"Hey! NYPD stop now!" Detective Mackenzie Knox bellowed into the streets of New York City, chasing after a perp who'd been selling drugs to underage kids, which was deplorable and disgusting. Kenzie had been working at the Eight-Nine for a little over two years, and worked by himself. He used to have a partner, but there was a lot of hostility towards him since he took down a dirty cop that was selling information to the Vasiliev crime family, and now everybody but the Lieutenant and Captain refused to work with him. Which is how Kenzie found himself running down the street by himself, no backup in sight. Kenzie slammed his body into the person he was chasing, knocking both of them down hard to the pavement.

"Ow! What the hell man!" The man he was currently cuffing cried out, cheek pressed into the ground. "I think you broke my ribs!"

"Shouldn't have ran, dirt bag." Kenzie chuckled, securing the cuffs around the perps wrists tighter than usual.

"Woah, woah hang on! I'm a cop!" He cried out, stopping Kenzie in his tracks.

"Prove it."

"M-my badge is round my neck!" Kenzie reached around for the badge, cursing when it was in fact an NYPD police detective badge.

"Fuck!" Kenzie uncuffed him, rolling off the man's back so he was sitting beside him rather than on top of him. "Shit man I am so sorry. I'm Detective Mackenzie Knox."

"Detective Jake Peralta." Jake wheezed out, holding a hand against his ribs. "I think you broke my ribs man."

"Come on, I'll drive you to the hospital." Kenzie stood up and helped Jake up, who looked like he was holding back a scream of pain. Jake hunched over; eyes squeezed shut as he breathed out heavily.