Chapter 12 - Strike a Pose

‘Guys what the hell did you do?’ Nareesha enquired. ‘Why are you all wet?’ Kelsey asked shocked. ‘We went for a shower obviously?’ Siva replied sarcastically. ‘Huh?’ I replied dumbfounded. ‘Yeah we went for a shower and by the looks of things you could do with a shower too Maisie. Why are you sweating?’ Tom asked as I wiped my brow. ‘I um… don’t know?’ I shrugged covering my cheeks with my hands as the heat rushed to them. ‘Was it because you were worried about Nathan?’ Max whispered linking arms with me. ‘No why would I be worried about Nathan? Yeah I mean we’re good friends and all but I don’t know him that well to get worried about him.’

I lied. I was a little worried about him. I guess I couldn’t deny that we did have a connection. Nathan was the sweetest guy I’ve ever met. He cares so much about Jamie and he’s only known her a couple of days. He was a natural with her and no matter how many times I wanted to deny it in my head, he would make a great dad to her. Knowing that I wanted us to be more than friends was really starting to get me down but because of his career and his age we couldn’t be together. He was the same age as me but a guy that young should be out having fun, not sitting down in their living room listening attentively to the baby monitor looking after a child that isn’t even his. I can’t see how a guy like Nathan would want to be with me anyway.

‘Are you sure you weren’t worried? You look smitten with him? It’s clear to us all that you fancy him’ he teased. ‘I don’t fancy Nathan’ I replied abruptly. ‘Yeah you do, you blush every time his name is mentioned in a conversation and anyway we see how you act around him. Don’t worry your secret is safe between me and the boys’ he winked. He walked off ahead to try and catch up with everyone else after we fell considerably behind. ‘Oh and Nathan’s secret is safe with me too’ he winked looking back before running off. ‘Nathan’s secret is safe with me’ he smirked once again looking back at me. ‘Secret?’ I asked myself stroking the ‘baby fluff’ on top of Jamie’s head. ‘Do you know Nathan’s secret Jamie?’ I whispered kissing her forehead. ‘Of course you do. I bet everyone but me knows’ I sighed.

Don’t sigh Mais, it’s bad for your health’ Nathan announced creeping up behind me making me jump. ‘Nathan, you scared me’ I whimpered. ‘Oh I’m sorry’ he replied in a baby voice holding out his hands in pursuit of an embrace. He wrapped his hands around my waist, making sure that he didn’t suffocate Jamie in the process. ‘I didn’t mean to scare ya’ he whispered before pecking me on the cheek. The public display of affection drew wolf whistles from onlookers, also known as Max, Tom, Jay, Siva, Kelsey and Nareesha. He broke free quickly before looking at me shyly. ‘I always wanted to do this’ he laughed before taking Jamie from me and carefully hoisting her up onto his shoulders and holding onto her carefully. He began slowly walking at a snail’s pace through the airport, waving adoring to the onlookers laughing and pointing at him. ‘I feel like royalty’ he laughed as I slopped on behind him waiting to catch Jamie if he lost his handle on her. ‘More like the British version of Barack Obama’ I giggled. ‘I’m cooler than Barack Obama.’ He stopped dead on the spot before pulling some sexy poses that even Siva would have been proud of.

‘Strike a pose’ I ordered in the tone of Madonna imitating her voice from her hit single Vogue. I took out my Blackberry and began capturing the hilarious moments on camera. ‘Next pose now Jamie. Blow bubbles and look like you’re squinting’ he announced puckering up his lips. ‘Blow bubbles and look like you’re squinting? Siva didn’t give you that tip anyway’ I mumbled. ‘I saw one of The Saturdays doing that and she looked pretty hot, so I thought I’d do it’ he shrugged holding Jamie by the legs. ‘Nath, The Saturdays looked hot at the Camp Rock premiere wearing bin bags in different colours. They’d look hot doing anything never mind blowing bubbles while squinting’ I laughed as he frowned. ‘Passengers Sykes and Gallagher please report to Gate 76, that’s passengers Sykes and Gallagher. Thank you’ the intercom called causing Nathan to curse rather loudly. ‘Oh shit. We’ll miss our flight’ he laughed removing the baby from his shoulders before cradling her in his chest and holding me hand tightly as we ran through the airport.

‘How did we lose them?’ I asked still running. ‘We were too busy striking poses to realise that they were gone, remember?’ he asked breathing heavily. ‘Oh yeah, that was fun though’ I laughed picking up the pace. ‘We must do it again sometime’ he decided. ‘Okay’ I whispered as we came to a halt. We shoved our way through the hordes of people casually walking around the various gates as they waited for their respective flights to board. ‘There’s a flight to Paris boarding in 20 minutes. If we miss our flight, let’s try our chances at getting on that one’ he joked out as we searched for our gate. ‘I’ve always wanted to check out The Eiffel Tour’ I shrugged staring behind me at the monitor that read ‘PARIS’ until the view became more distant. ‘Look, there’s our gate’ I pointed. ‘Why isn’t there anyone there?’ he asked. ‘Probably because’ I whispered before he joined in ‘we’ve missed the flight.’

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't going to update this for a few more hours but I can't sleep, I'm too hyper! Nathan Syke followed me on Twitter almost 6 hours ago! ‘Baby fluff’ is a term used (mainly by my family) to describe baby hair. When babies are small they have little hair which can sometimes be curly so it looks like fluff. Sorry for using he sh*t word! Here is the plan! I’m back to school on Wednesday so I’m going to try write one chapter for each of my on-going stories (Personal Soldier, Hand In Hand, I Used To Have It All and Unexpected) and I’ll try and write a short preview for my next two fanfics. One is a Nathan Sykes fanfic because as you all know I love him and the other has the five boys as main characters. If you’re all wondering why I added Unexpected into that it’s because I will be continuing the story Unexpected (A Nathan Sykes Fanfic) for my friend Zoey (ZoeyTowle go check her out. Her new story I’ll Be Strong for you is amazing). So yeah! 6 fanfics at once while attending school 5 days a week while doing homework 7 days a week is going to be hard but I’m 15, I don’t have a fantastic social life, I’ll see if I can manage! Two more years and then I’ll be off to college so it’s worth it I guess! I’ll take my laptop in my bag so if I get bored in double French or if we’re cutting up hearts in Biology I can just pull it out and write the next chapter! Okay that was a joke but can’t you just imagine the look on my Accounting teacher Mr Ryan’s face if he asked me what I was doing and I told him I was writing a story about going to Australia and New Zealand with one of the world’s favourite bands?! He’s already mental as it is! :P Nah, I’ll just take a notepad and continue it during English or Irish or something! I do get 90 minutes of computer time a week, so I could type it up there and email it to myself! Anyway, I may be having a competition next week but I won’t reveal anything about it just in case I don’t do it as I don’t want to get your hopes up, but do keep your eyes peeled and your computers on if you want more info!  If you want to keep in touch with me while I’m at school (I’m a rebel, I sneak my phone in my shirt pocket) tweet me @NathanSykesGYC or message me via Facebook www.facebook.com/RachaelH9898 (I hope that works) and I’ll be sure to reply immediately depending on the subject (won’t reply during Accounting as there is only four in our class or PE because we have to actually do stuff) but I do reply eventually! I’m not like Andy Brown taking three months to reply to a message Sorry that was a long authors note!

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachael xx