Chapter 9 - Awkward Times

‘See you later yeah?’ Tom asked dropping me off at my front door. ‘Yeah definitely’ I smiled secretly cringing inside. I stuck my key in the lock and waved him goodbye before breathing a sigh of relief. We were having fun at the park, not just because our team was winning, but because the boys are great fun, but then Max had to go and make things awkward. Max suggested that Nathan and I should get together and all the boys agreed. I avoided Nathan completely, who looked upset by the whole thing. Now it’s going to be even more awkward because the boys have decided to invite me to dinner tonight to meet the girls before we leave in the morning, another thing I wasn’t looking forward to. I love the boys and everything, it just I want to remain friends with Nathan, because I know he’ll end up breaking my heart because he has such a hectic schedule. I can’t deny the fact that I have feelings for him, but at this stage I can’t say I love him. I don’t think you can love someone after just three days.

I glanced at the clock hanging adjacent to the mirror in the hall. 2pm, the day flew as we had so much fun. I had 5 hours to pack for the trip tomorrow and get ready for dinner because I knew for a fact that I wouldn’t have time to pack after dinner as the boys were planning a trip to the local nightclub. I had no idea what to pack so I shoved anything I could find in my suitcase. I shoved three bottles of sunscreen and five hats for Jamie Leigh in her bag, before rummaging around for our passports. To say I was worried about flying with Jamie was an understatement. She’s only ever flown once and that was a 45 minute trip to Ireland where she cried the whole way.

I jumped in the shower with 2 hours to spare finally looking forward to going out. It would be nice to meet the girls the boys were heaping on about 24/7. I knew Kelsey very well, but Nareesha and Michelle sounded lovely. Michelle is like the nation’s sweetheart. I let the water flow down my back as I massaged the shampoo into my scalp. I stood directly under the hose, closing my eyes, gently running my hand over my hair.  I watched the soapy water flow quickly down the drain, hopefully taking all the grease and mud from the day after Max decided to tackle me to the ground which gave me the idea of rolling around the ground. It wasn’t the best idea but it was lots of fun! I jumped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel just in time to hear Jamie crying next door.

She was uncontrollably crying for ten minutes non- stop. It couldn’t have been the ear infection because she’d just taken her medicine and she definitely wasn’t hungry or tired. The only other reason I could think of was maybe she was crying for one of the boys? After she finally stopped I returned her to her crib before tottering across to my own room to change quickly. I had just over an hour to get dressed, do my hair and put on make-up before Tom and Kelsey pick Jamie and I up. Originally I wasn’t going to take her but the boys insisted and said that Jayne would take care of her after the meal so we could go out. I slipped out a skin tight black dress when accentuated my curves, with black stilettos and a grey cardigan as it was beginning to get chilly out. I applied minimal make-up before blow-drying my hair straight. I just had enough time to slip a little pink dress on Jamie before jumping into the back of Kelsey and Tom’s car.

I didn’t recognise the route that we were taking. The houses looked posh, most of which were two storeys with large eloquent gardens. The car came to a halt outside a posh restaurant owned by Gordan Ramsey. ‘Are you sure Jamie can come in?’ I asked getting out of the back. ‘Of course! We rang earlier just to make sure and they said it was fine. They get babies in here all the time’ Kelsey shrugged. ‘They’re letting Tom in aren’t they!’ Kelsey whispered once she saw the back of him. I followed the guys who were walking through the restaurant looking for the guys. ‘Are you sure they’re already here?’ Kelsey asked looking around. ‘I’m 100% sure Kels’ he replied before descending the stairs. ‘Hey guys!’ Max cheered. The boys and their girlfriends as well as Jayne were already in their seats. ‘Michelle, this is Maisie’ Max introduced as Michelle stood up and immediately rushed in for a massive bear hug. ‘And this must be little Jamie’ she cooed smiling in delight. ‘Oi Chelle, it’s my turn to meet Nathan’s new girlfriend’ she interrupted. ‘I’m not Nathan’s girlfriend’ I replied. ‘I bet he wants you to be. He couldn’t stop talking about you before you arrived’ she winked. ‘Oh and I’m Nareesha by the way!’ she added. ‘Lovely to meet you’ I replied still blushing from her last comment.  

So we took our seats and unfortunately I was beside Nathan. ‘You look beautiful Mais’ he whispered. ‘You like very dapper yourself Nath’ I replied returning his compliment but then thankfully, the waiter decided to put the high car right in between us. Eating out in restaurants was hard with Jamie, especially because she had to be fed first. The waiter was kind enough to bring out her food first. Jamie didn’t want to co-operate with me what so ever. I fed her spoon by spoon until she decided to throw up her dinner all over Nathan. ‘Oh Nathan, I’m so sorry’ I whispered putting my hand over my mouth in embarrassment. ‘Nah, its fine, don’t worry about it. I’ll be back in a minute. I’ll go clean myself up’ he announced standing up from the table. ‘Maisie, I think you should be help him’ Jayne winked. ‘Okay’ I sighed following him towards the men’s room.

Luckily Nathan was the only man in there. ‘You do realise that this is the men’s room?’ he asked cleaning his shirt with a damp tissue. ‘Is it? Never realised that!’ I replied sarcastically. ‘Here let me do that’ I offered taking the tissue from his hand and taking over for him. ‘Thank you’ he whispered. ‘I’m sorry, I didn’t realise that she was going to throw up. Normally there are a few warning signs but obviously not this time’ I sighed. ‘All done’ I smiled staring him in the eye. Our faces were close, so close our lips were almost touching. It was like a touch of dejá vú. He leaned in and was about to kiss me but I pulled away and walked out. No matter how awkward things were going to be over the following few days, they were made an awful lot more awkward.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry these last few chapters have probably been a bit boring for you all to read! I'm sorry about the delay with this chapter but I got distracted by The Saturdays, Steps and this little well known 19 year old called Nathan Sykes. Ever heard of him? Anyway, I'm going to start doing The Wante Preferences, so if you want me to do one, comment below/leave a message on my message board/inbox me. I will only do them on request though, so if I don't get a request, I won't do it! Also, I'm not sure if people like this fanfic, so I won't start the update until I get three votes on this chapter! This way I know if people do actually like it. Is that fair enough? I have some big storylines planned, they just won't come for a little while! Maybe sometime next week! I haven't forgotten about Raising Romi, I Used To Have It All or Hand In Hand We Will Walk Together, I'm just kind of addicted to writing this one at the moment! 

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachii :) xx