Remus Lupin x reader

So here we go another chapter. This is a Remus x reader chapter. Remus and the reader are dating, the reader is insecure because she tries to be perfect for her parents, and Remus comforts her. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

It was one of those days again. The sky matched your mood : grey, rainy, sad... You heaved a sigh, pushing the parchments next to you aside. Your mind was too worried to study anyway. No letter for your birthday. It was usual, you reckoned that you should have been used to it by now, but no matter for how long this had been happening, you couldn't help yourself to wake up with hope filling your heart in the morning. Hurrying to get prepared and waiting during the whole breakfast for the owls to fly through the Great Hall, carrying both newspapers and letters...

But there was never anything for you. No gifts, not even a card... You heaved a sigh again. You couldn't understand what was wrong with you. You tried to fit. You worked to have good grades, you tried to be what your parents expected from you. But they never seemed to notice. Perhaps it was never enough for them... Perhaps you were not good enough. But you tried so hard, always failing, as it would seem. It felt like fighting against the wind, struggling against a ghostly enemy you couldn't grab but that kept on knocking you down. And you were tired of falling to the ground. You wanted to reach the sky for once.

But it seemed that the miracle would not happen this year either. You sniffed, realizing that you were crying. You thanked yourself for choosing this empty corridor to try to work on your essay peacefully. At least, no one could see you like this. Or well... until now...

"Y/n?"
You lifted your head, looking up at Remus as your boyfriend stood a few feet away from you, a frown of worry wrinkling his features.
"What's wrong?" he asked, taking a few steps towards you.
"Nothing, I'm fine," you replied, drying your cheeks in a hurry upon the sleeves of your sweater.
"Right... you're fine. That's why you're crying, right?" Remus rolled his eyes. "Come on. You can tell me. You know you can tell me anything. And if it's because of some stupid guy, then me and the guys will prank him. For free. Your my girlfriend, so no fee for you."

You couldn't help but giggle, and Remus smiled at the sound.
"What's wrong?" he asked again, but you brushed his remark away.
"It's nothing, Remus. Really... I don't know why I'm upset about that, it's nothing."
He sat down on the floor with you, leaning against the cold wall, his grey eyes still fixed upon your face, trying to pierce this armour you had put on to defend your thoughts and heart.
"I can't have my girlfriend crying like that though," he argued. "Especially for your birthday!"

He saw more tears appear in your eyes at the mention of the date, and he narrowed his eyes.
"It has something to do with your birthday, right?"
You shrugged, avoiding to answer. Even if you had been willing to reply, your throat was too tight anyway...

"What happened?"
A tear escaped your eye once more, but before you could turn away to hide your sorrow, Remus had brushed it away with his thumb.
"Come here, you need a hug," he smiled.

He gently wrapped his arm around you, and you let him pull you close to him, your head resting against his shoulder. Your hand came resting on his chest, and closed into a fist around his white shirt on its own accord.
"Don't be sad," he admonished, holding your shaking hand in his large one. "What's wrong?"

You sniffed.
"Come on Y/n I'm a good listener and I hate it when your sad. Please tell me what's wrong, so I can help you."
"It's nothing, it's really silly. I don't want to annoy you with it. You have enough to think about with the full moon in 2 days"
"You could never annoy me. I don t care about the full moon right now. Not when it comes to serious matters that involve you."