Chapter 8: Broadway Heaven

The next day at the studio, Abby and Andrew were watching the group dance, which is called Wind Beneath my wings, Mackenzie had a solo called remember when it rains, Maddie's solo was called always in my heart and Paige's solo was called fly me to the moon and Abby noticed her cell phone was ringing.

"I'll be back, my phone is ringing, can you take over for me when i get back, Gianna?" Abby asked her assistant.

"Ok." Gianna replied as Abby went to her office to answer her phone and a few minutes later, while Gianna was teaching the girls, Andrew was looking on as James stuck his head in.

"Andrew, your mother wants you, it's urgent." James told him, from the way he looked, something was not right.

"Gia, i'll be back, mom wants me." Andrew said, giving her a quick kiss and left Studio A and walked to his mother's office and opened the door and saw Abby looking very sad and wiping her eyes.

"Mom...What's wrong?" Andrew said, feeling like something was really wrong as he saw his mother cry.

"It's about Broadway Baby." Abby choked, wiping her tears away.

"What happened with Baby? is she ok?" Andrew asked, because whenever he saw his mother looking sad, he knew that something bad or sad had happened.

"No....S-She..." Abby struggled to get the words out as she started crying again and knew her son was gonna be a emotional mess once he figured it out.

The way she was crying made him question himself if Broadway's days on Earth had come to an end. "Oh, no! D-on't tell me s-she..." He stammered, not being able to finish his sentence. The words were just to big for him. Broadway Baby was a very important element in Andrew's life. She had been there ever since his seventh birthday. The Millers considered her as a member of their family as tears were in his eyes.

Andrew watched his mom nod shyly, confirming his worst fears even though his vision was blurry from the tears that formed in his eyes and knelt to the ground in exasperarion. Why? Why did it have to be Baby?

Then Andrew's tears started to fall and he began crying very hard and inconsolably as Abby looked at her grief stricken son.

"No...No....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BROADWAY BABY! WHY?!" Andrew screamed as he bawled his eyes out as he crumbled to the floor as Abby walked on over and picked him up and they both sat on the couch, just crying.

Meanwhile, the moms were just sitting up in the dancer's room and they hadn't heard from Abby and Andrew for a while.

"Abby has been in her office for a long time and did you guys all know Andrew left the room too?" Melissa observed, not seeing Andrew or Abby in Studio A, usually they would be teaching the dance.

"Yeah, i think something's wrong." Christi added.

"How about we go check on them to see if they're okay?" Jill suggested.

Then suddenly, before the moms were about to get up, Paige came upstairs with Chloe and they were both bawling their eyes out.

"Paigey, what's wrong?" Kelly asked her emotional daughter as she hugged her and Christi hugged Chloe.

"Andrew and Miss Abby are having a emotional breakdown!" Paige told the moms frantically as tears continued to slide down her face.

"Why, what happened?" Kristie asked, looking worried.

"Gianna just told us that Broadway Baby died and between Andrew and Miss Abby, Andrew is taking it the hardest." Chloe said as she was crying too while Christi was rubbing her back.