Chapter Four: A hair clip

“You helped with the party, so you deserve to go first!!!” She shoved the hat at you, not really giving you a choice on the matter. Sighing, you put your hand in the hat. Feeling around, your hand hits something small and hard, so you pulled it out in wonder. You saw that it was a green plastic hair clip and you wondered who Rangiku had put the item in for, but before you could voice your question, she pulled you up and pushed you into the closet. The guy who you had to stay with was also pushed in and the door closed, Rangiku saying, “7 minutes, starting now!” You didn’t get to see who was with you when the door was open, so you had no idea who the guy was.

“So, uh, who’re you?” You asked.

“You can’t forget me, __________,” The guy said. You knew who it was instantly. Kisuke Urahara.

“Stay away from me you pervert.”

“Oh, come now, we’re supposed to have 7 minutes of fun.” You could tell he was pouting.

“With you it’s more like 7 minutes in hell than it is heaven,” You muttered, crossing your arms in front of your chest and leaned against the wall, sliding down to the floor.

“That hurts,” He said sarcastically, putting a hand above his heart as if you had just shot him. He sat down next to you and leaned against the wall. "Why must you be so mean, _________?" He leaned into your face and your eyes met his. They had a hint of lust in them, as usual when he looked at you and other hot girls, though you didn’t really consider yourself in that category. But there was something else you couldn’t quite place. Something that was unusual for him to have. You just couldn’t figure it out. Of course, you couldn’t really think about it much since he was up in your face, which you felt warm a little at his closeness. “Well, _______? Care to explain why you’re so mean to me?”

“Uh, um…” You turned your head away in an attempt to hide your blush, but really doubted that it would work. And, as usual, you were right. He noticed it, and out a hand under your chin, turning your head to look back at him.

“You know, you’re much cuter when you’re blushing,” He chuckled lightly.

“S-Shut up! And don’t touch me!” You slapped his hand and scooted away from him as he rubbed the back of his hand.

“You didn’t have to hit so hard…” He mumbled.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. Just don’t do that.”

“Hm… I don’t think that’s enough.”

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

He went over to you and placed his hands on your shoulders to keep you from moving. “I think there’s a better way for you to apologize, don’t you think?” He said seductively. Panic filled you and you had no idea on what to do. “Come on, I know you like me, _______. Just admit it.” You were shocked. How did he know? You never told him, so how’d he find out?

“I-I don’t know what you’re t-talking about, Kisuke,” You stuttered out. You just heard him sigh and suddenly something crashed against your lips. You quickly realized that he was kissing you. You stood there, shocked solid. After a little while, you recovered and kissed him back.

When you pulled back, you were both breathless and there was a grin on his face.

“So you do like me, eh, ________?”

“S-So what? Not like it makes a difference,” You said, though you suspected different. You had heard things about Kisuke that had made you uncomfortable around him, and the way he acted made it seem as if they were all true. Yet you still liked him. You had no idea what you saw in him, you just…did.