Chapter Twelve: Bookmark

“You helped with the party, so you deserve to go first!” She shoved the hat into your face, not giving you much choice. A little irritated, you put your hand in and searched for an item. Almost instantly, something cut your finger and you pulled it out. A small rectangular piece of paper had cut you, and you were bleeding slightly. Matsumoto went silent, her smile gone and face pale.

The atmosphere was suddenly tense, and a clatter came from behind you. Turning around, you saw Captain Hitsugaya with his Zanpakuto out in front of him, pointing straight at Aizen.

Your fists clenched. Everyone knew how much you despised the traitor.

“Now now, Hitsugaya. What’s this?” Aizen smirked.

“You’ll take no steps closer to her,” The young captain responded.

“It seems you don’t know the rules. I must go in with _________.”

“I swear, if you so much as touch her, I’ll--”

“It’s fine Captain Hitsugaya,” You interrupted him.

He looked at you for a moment, then sheathed his Zanpakuto and said, “You better know what you’re doing, _________.”

“Oh, I do. I know exactly what I’m doing.” With that, you glared at Aizen and went into the closet, followed by the brown haired enemy. Matsumoto closed the door, a small “Seven minutes” coming from her. You made sure to keep your eyes on the man as you leaned against the wall. You were probably the one who despised him the most.

Bad thing was, you were also the one to love him the most.

“She should be fine in a few days,” A strange voice said.

“Thank you Captain Unohana,” Another voice responded, also strange.

Opening your eyes slowly, two figures came into view. A woman and a man. The woman had black hair that met in a braid in front of her, blue eyes, and was wearing a white cloth over black clothing. The male had brown hair that seemed to curl slightly and glasses over hazel eyes. He had on the same attire as the woman.

Shinigami.

The word rang through your mind. Shooting into a sitting position, you stared at the two. A small pain went through your shoulder, which you clutched in response.

“Careful,” The woman said. She sounded kind of like a concerned mother. She even looked like one.

“Unohana, thank you again for helping,” The man smiled gratefully.

“Of course Sosuke.” Unohana smiled and nodded. “I hope you feel better soon Ms. _________.” With that, she left.

“W-Who are you?” You asked the man. A captain; you could tell from the haori he wore.

He smiled kindly. “I am Sosuke Aizen. It’s nice to meet you officially, _________.”

“H-How do you kn-know my name?”

“You don’t remember?” You shook your head. What were you supposed to remember? He chuckled, ruffling your hair. “It’s best you don’t know.”

“Know what?” He only chuckled again.

“Get some rest, little one. You need it.” Kissing your forehead, he walked out of the room, leaving you confused and tired.

The memory brought a wave of betrayal with it. You didn’t remember what happened exactly, but you knew he had saved you. The only reason you were in there with him now was because of him and Captain Unohana.