Chapter Fifteen: Sewing Needle

“You helped with the party, so you deserve to go first!” She shoved the hat in your face, not giving you much choice. Annoyed by her persistence, you dug your hand into the hat sighing. This game was pointless to you. And though it was nice to relax every now and then, you weren’t sure this was the way.

Your eyes widened as a pain shot through your whole arm, starting at your finger.

“Damn it! What the hell?!”Yanking away from the hat, you looked at your hand. Something was sticking out of your finger. It was thin and small. You knew what it was immediately, and your blood boiled.

“A FUCKING SEWING NEEDLE?!” Growling, you glared at Rangiku, who laughed. You wanted to punch her so hard.

“You got him~!” She giggled. That’s the only thing on her mind?!

“RANGIKU!!!!” At that, you punched her in the face with your other hand.

“Owieeeeeee!!!” She cried, clutching her nose.

“I should kill you for this!” All she did was push you in, not taking care to avoid hurting you more. As you groaned, the door closed. “Fucking shit…” You muttered, clutching your hand. You weren’t going to hold your finger in fear of making it worse.

“Enough with the cursing,” Someone said. Stiffening, you turned to the voice, but there wasn’t enough light to see who it was. But you knew by the voice.

“I can curse if I damn want to,” You snapped at him. It was bad enough you had a needle stuck deep in your finger, and now you’re stuck with the guy you had been avoiding the last week; Uryu Ishida.

A sigh came from where he was. Something touched your arm slightly, causing you to jump a bit and jerk away. A hand grabbed your arm as you tried to wriggle away.

“Hold still damn it…” Uryu muttered. You knew it was him grabbing your arm, but until you heard his voice next to you, you had a small fear of it being something else. You relaxed a bit. “This is going to hurt __________.” All of a sudden, burning pain shot from your finger all the way up your arm. It was worse than the first time.

“St-Stop!” You exclaimed, tears on the edges of your eyes.

“Damn…it’s deeper than I thought…” He muttered. He did it again, and you cried out, the tears falling down your face. You didn’t know why it hurt so bad; you had been through much worse. “Will you be quiet already?!” You flinched at his angry tone. Whenever he got mad at you, he would yell. It always made you upset when he did, though you never showed it. But now you were. Tears continued to fall down your face.

He noticed, but didn’t understand why you were crying. When he saw the look in your eyes, he froze slightly. He saw hurt and upsetness. He hadn’t realized he’d been hurting you with his words. “_________...” He said softly, holding your hand gently. Pain still echoed in your arm, but it was fading. You looked up at him fully, trying to wipe the tears away with your free hand. He stopped you by grabbing the hand. You looked up at him in confusion. He started to lean forward slowly, making you more confused. It wasn’t until your foreheads were almost touching that you noticed how close he was.

How close his lips were.

Your face heated up as you realized this. It was so tempting to just lean forward and meet him…

His lips were soft against yours. It felt unreal, the way he kissed you. So delicately…

Pain suddenly shot through your arm again, ruining the moment. Yelping, you pulled away, your eyes filling with tears again.

“That worked,” Uryu said. He had the needle pinched between his index finger and thumb. He seemed to be analyzing it.

You looked down. He hadn’t wanted to kiss you…Only to get the needle out…You caught site of your finger, now with o needle protruding from it. It was bleeding badly; you couldn’t see where you had been stabbed.

Your hand was suddenly taken gently again, and a small cloth was wrapped around it tightly. You winced slightly from the pain, half wanting to pull away, half not. You ended up not, letting him bondage it. When he was done though, you pulled away from him, sitting on the opposite side of the room. You didn’t look at him; only the ground. The way you were sitting was the way you sat when you were upset. Really upset.

“____________...” Uryu said, going over and kneeling down in front of you. You refused to look at his face, even when he put his hand on your arm, you didn’t look up from the ground. “___________, why are you upset? I thought you wanted the needle--”

“It’s not the damn needle!” You yelled at him. Why were you being so emotional right now?

He looked at you in surprise. “Then what is it?”

“Like you would care.” Shoving him away, you stood from your sitting position. Almost as quick, you were pinned to the wall. “Let go!” You struggled against his grip, but he didn’t loosen it. Instead, he pulled you close to him, his arms holding you tightly. He rubbed your back slowly.

“___________...it was the kiss, wasn’t it?” Well aren’t you smart… My silence was his answer.

I went to pull away, but he didn’t let go. “Ishida…”

He sighed, stroking my hair slightly. My heads was against his chest, and somehow…this was comfortable.

“___________” Why was he saying your name so much? “I’m sorry…I hadn’t mean to make you upset.” You didn’t respond, so he continued. “It’s just…you were in pain and I didn’t know how to get the needle out.”

“So you played with my feelings?” The comeback snapped out before you could stop it. Blushing at what you just said, you buried your face into his chest, wanting to hide.

“Your feelings?” He sounded confused, with a bit of shock. Was he as oblivious as Ichigo?

Suddenly he held you closer against him, setting his chin on your head.

“If you truly feel that way towards me, I’m sorry it came off like I used the kiss for one purpose only.” One purpose? What was he talking about? “The truth is…I had more reason for it.” Your head was suddenly moved as a hand forced your chin up for a pair of lips to be pressed against yours gently.

Eyes widening in shock, you stood still for a moment or so. When the shock finished running through your body, you relaxed into it, kissing him back, hesitantly wrapping your arms around his neck. He seemed to take it as confirmation of your feelings, as one of his hands went up to the back of your neck, deepening the kiss.

Alas, the perfect moment ending too quickly, a squeal following a door slamming open and breaking you two apart.

“KAWAI~!!!!!” Matsumoto squealed happily, doing a drunken dance. Your face now a ruby red, you bowed your head. But your face didn’t escape the lieutenant’s attention. “Aw~! ___________is blushing~ And so is Uryu~!”

Glancing up, you noticed she was right. Uryu’s face was also red, not as bad as yours, but about as bad as it was when you joked about him and Ichigo being married.

Uryu took your hand, leading you out of the closet and passed the cat-calling party-goers. Still refusing to look up, you failed to notice where he was leading you afterwards. You originally thought he was taking you to the couch or his spot in the circle, but it turned out it was neither of those.

The sound of the party depleted as a soft breeze caused your hair to lift and weave in the air slightly. Looking up, you realized you were now outside. It was night time. The sky was a dark blue, the stars glistening, surrounding a full moon.

“Uryu…?” You looked at him, a bit confused as to why you were out here.

“Erm…” He was looking at the ground, the wall, anywhere but you. “Sorry, I just thought it better to be out of there…” Oh, he was suddenly shy now…

A smile spread across your face. “I don’t mind. I like being alone with you.” You saw the blush darken on his face. It was fun teasing him, especially now that you knew his feelings. Feeling a spurge of courage, you turned his head upward so that your faces were to each other, and kissed him lovingly. You felt his cheeks warm up as your eyes closed. He kissed back, wrapping his arms around your waist, your own arms wrapping around his neck once again.

The moment was perfect, more perfect than before. You were with the one you cared most about, kissing him like you never dreamed you would, in the most beautiful moonlight.