Chapter 8: Zero Gravity

A/N: few reminders

'thoughts'

Italicized paragraph - flashback

Disclaimer: We don't own any of the song lyrics used in this story... credits to azlyrics.com for the lyrics.

CHAPTER VIII

He held her in his arms. He held her tight, never letting her go. He never wants to let her go.

"Josh..."

He looked down at her face. He can see his image in her beautiful big bright eyes. He brushed his hands against her short dark straight hair. He never wants to let her go.

"I... I... I love you" she breathed.

He smiled. What she said made him the happiest man alive. He held her at arms length and gazed into her eyes.

"I love you too, L-"

... ...

Phone buzzes

I was awakened by a call at two in the morning.

"Hello?"

"Josh dear. It's gram. I'm sorry to wake you up at such an unlikely time, but I need you here. She's doing it again." Gram's voice is soft and full of fear.

"Okay gram. Wait for me. Just look out for her and try everything you could do to stop her. I'll be there in ten minutes."

I hanged up quickly, took my keys and made a dash through the door. I got on my black Yamaha super-sport motorbike and headed to Sabrina's house. 'Oh please, don't try to kill yourself again' was the only thought running inside my head as I hit off the road.

Sabrina's old house was on the corner of 14th street and 8th avenue. I made a quick turn-around on the curve and hit the breaks. I knocked on the door but there was no answer. I tried again the second time-still none. 'Maybe third time's a charm' I thought as I was already rattling for the spare keys gram gave me just in case, but finally someone answered.

"Oh Josh dear. I don't know what else to do" Gram was sobbing

"Where is she, gram?"

"She's in the bath of her room. She won't go out."

I rushed upstairs, familiar with the house, and headed for the room with the pink letter 'S' embossed on the door.

"Sabrina! It's me open up!" I shouted as I stand outside her bathroom door.

I heard Sabrina crying and whispering. 'How long has she been locked-up there?'

"Sabrina! I'm coming in!"

I barrelled the door with all the force I can muster and then I saw her-lying on the floor with her blood spluttered everywhere, dripping from her wrists. She's done it again, but not to this extent.

"Jesus! Sabrina what the fuck?!"

I took her in my arms and grabbed the paper cutter away. She was lying still in my arms staring into nothingness with a void expression on her face.

"I told you to stop cutting!" I paused as I realized she wouldn't respond if I'd yell at her. "Did you drink your prescriptions?" I inquired softly as not to startle her.