8 - It's Just a Prank Bro

Sawyer's POV

"JD, we need to talk." I grab his arm and pull him aside.

"Ah, Veronica! Perfect timing." He smiles widely at me. "Wanna come over to my house today? After school. I wanna pull a prank."

"What are you? A child?" I tease.

"No, listen." He grabs my shoulder, "A prank on the Heathers. Think of it!"

"What?"

"The Heathers, th- the most powerful clique in school being the laughing stocks. Not including you, of course." He lets go of me and laughs.

"Why do you want that to happen exactly?"

"I mean, isn't it obvious? They're the reason to our suffering. They're the reason to your suffering." He pokes my shoulder.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb. I've seen you recently. You've been more and more distracted this past week. I see you every so often go over to them, only to get ignored and yelled at." He scowls, "Mistreated."

He claps his hands together happily, "But that'll end tonight. If we manage to ruin- destroy the Heathers, the school will prosper. No one will have to sit through their shit anymore!"

"That'll need much more than just a prank, JD." I say, playing along with his nonsense.

He thinks for a second and then shrugs, "Well, baby steps, right?"

I scoff, "Yeah sure."

"Veronica!" Suddenly, a sharp pressure hits my back.

"Ow!" I look back to see Duke and McNamara standing behind us. "What's your damage, Heather?"

"Don't blame me, blame Heather." McNamara says.

"She wants us to haul your ass into the caf, pronto. So.." Duke smacks my arm. "Let's go."

"Okay, I'm going. Jeez." I look back at JD to see him glaring at both of them.

Once we reach the cafeteria, we settle down at our usual table. Chandler already there. "What took you so long?" She asks.

"Jesse James." Duke answers for me.

"Quelle surprise." Chandler says sarcastically, "What did he do?"

I shrug, "... He just told me a bunch of nonsense."

"As per usual." She rolls her eyes, "By the way, remind me to pick up my sweater from you. You never gave it back."

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Sorry."

"How'd you get the sweater?" McNamara asks, confused.

The two Heathers stare at her in utter disappointment. Duke speaks, "Isn't it.. Isn't it obvious?"

"Uuumm..... Yeaaah. Pssh! Totally. I'm... smart." McNamara smiles at us weirdly.

"We fucked." Chandler says to her while pointing at me.

I stare at her in surprise. "Wait what?"

She stares at me. "Did I fuck your twin or something? Why are you surprised?"

"Oooh! Drama." McNamara says. "I didn't know you had a twin. This is exciting."

"What?.. No. I don't have one." I turn to Chandler, "You're just gonna outright tell them that we.. y'know?"

"I mean, yeah. I just did. Isn't that obvious?" She looks at McNamara and I in confusion, "What's with you guys today?"

Duke asks, "I'm fine, rig-"