23. All You Need is Love (FINAL)

~ELSA’S POV~

My grip on Jack never loosened, there was an eerie silence that enveloped me as I sobbed on his lifeless shoulder.

Words swarmed around my mind; Killer, Freak, Murderer…

Monster.

I tried to block it out but I couldn’t, because it was true. I killed everyone in this school; 1,700 innocent souls…how could I live like this? Knowing I killed my best friends, a person I fell in love with, and my own damn sister! I had enough guilt on my shoulders before this all happened, how can I keep living with all this weight on me, reminding me everyday that I’m a MURDERER.

The tears started to slow down, and my sadness started to form into a slight depression. It felt like my body went numb, unable to function, or feel anything. This is how the rest of my life was going to feel….numb.

I started to pull myself off Jack, unable to cry anymore. What would I tell the police? Why I was the only survivor? How could I explain that? They wouldn’t believe I did this, they never would…

Suddenly something grabbed me and pulled me towards it.

“GET OFF ME!” I screamed and wiggled in its grip.

But then I noticed something; they were human hands, confused I turned around to see who the person was.

“Did I scare ya?” a boy with white hair and deep blue eyes asked.

A smile spread across my face, “JACK!” I quickly wrapped my arms around his body and without thinking gave him a quick kiss on his cheek.

Both of our faces turned red and we both avoided eye contact, I started to pull away but he suddenly pulled me back in and kissed me deeply on the lips, I felt the butterflies in my stomach and I could feel my face burning up. I felt a warmness in my body that I had never felt before, I was always so cold. I ended the kiss, even though I didn’t want it to end, we had a lot to discuss.

“H-How…?” I asked stuttering, smiling from excitement that he was alive.

“I don’t know, one moment my body is completely frozen; then the next, I’m human again!” He said in disbelief.

I pushed the hair out of my face and thoughts swarmed my head, how? How did he unfreeze? What did I do to unfreeze him? Can I still save everyone else?

“We have to save the others!” I said excitedly. I quickly walked over to where Merida lay, my first best friend, the first person to accept me. I held her in a tight embrace, hoping she would wake up, but…

No movement.

No breathing.

Nothing.

I groaned in frustration, “I need to know how I unfroze you!”