18. The End?

~ANNA’S POV~

Kristoff kneeled down and cupped his hands; I held onto the slippery door handle and put one foot onto Kristoff’s hands. He hoisted me up and I grabbed a hold of the frame of the broken window and started to pull myself through. It was a tight fit, but I was skinny enough to fit through the tiny window; once I got to the other side I looked around for the axe. I saw a container with a metal tool inside it. The axe. I quickly ran over to it and punched the little window thing, luckily this window was only plastic. Once it fell to pieces I reached inside and grabbed the axe.

“I got it!” I yelled back to Kristoff.

I handed the axe through the window to him, and then began to climb back through the window; once I got back to where Kristoff was we started chipping away ice from the doors.

“This is taking forever!” I complained, sitting against a wall trying to keep warm.

Kristoff huffed and puffed as he chipped away more ice from like the hundredth door we’ve tried to open. Surprisingly he was actually pretty good at getting the ice off, probably because he was so buff.

When he finally got the door open he looked inside.

Nothing.

Kristoff groaned and then threw the axe on the ground in frustration. I looked over at him with wide eyes, but it was hard to do anything, I was FREEZING! I could feel the frostbite starting to form on my arms because they were exposed to the harsh winds and freezing temperatures. I felt myself begin to get weak; I didn’t know how much more my scrawny body could take…

I closed my eyes, giving up. But suddenly something soft was shoved over my head and onto my body. I weakly opened my eyes, I looked up at a shirtless Kristoff.

“D-Don’t y-you need t-this…?” I said weakly.

“You need it more.” He said sitting gently beside me.

“T-Thank y-you…” I said closing my eyes again.

He said scooted closer and wrapped his arms around me, “Don’t worry this is just for body heat.” He clarified.

I opened my eyes and looked over at him; does this mean the search is over?

“We have to keep looking...” I started to stand up but Kristoff pulled me back down.

“You are in no shape to continue searching.” He said with sad eyes.

I looked down at my feet, I guess this is the end then…huh.

He sighed and looked over at me, “Anna…I don’t know how to put this…but…I don’t think we’re going to make it through this…” He looked back down at his feet with sad eyes.

I rested my head on my knees and held my legs with my arms. I didn’t want to die, I was too young! I had so much to look forward to in life!

“This is all my fault!” I whispered, covering my face with my hands. I felt warm tears begin to roll down my cheeks. I was so scared.

“Hey, don’t cry!” Kristoff said hugging me tighter. “This is not your fault.” He continued, trying to comfort me.

“Yes it is! If I would’ve just left Elsa alone like she wanted me to, we wouldn’t be stuck in this mess!” I said trying to hold back the tears.

“Anna, I know you know this isn’t your fault. Stop blaming yourself.” He said sternly.

I sighed, “I guess it’s everyone’s fault then, huh?” I wiped my nose with the sleeve of his sweater.

“Well I wouldn’t say EVERYONE’s fault, but it’s definitely divided between a few people.” He said.

I grinned a little, and he noticed, “There you go! A little smile!” He said teasingly as he pinched my cheek.

I giggled and gently slapped his hand away.

I guess if I’m going to die, at least it’s with someone who can make me laugh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So I'm trying to update more and more because school uggghhhh! I don't want to go to school >.< It starts this coming Wednesday for me, what about you guys? And sorry for the short chapter guys, the next one will be longer!

Keep reading my little leaves ^.^

~Peace~