17. Team Bonding

~RAPUNZEL’S POV~

I walked angrily down one of the upstairs’ hallways. ‘Why did Flynn have to be my partner!?’ I thought angrily to myself, I looked over at him as he looked around the halls, bored. I crossed my arms and my teeth chattered, Elsa better be up here somewhere.

“Aye Blondie, I gotta ask you something.” Flynn said interrupting my thoughts.

I rolled my eyes, “What.”

“Why do you despise me so much?” He looked over at me as he chewed his bubblegum like a cow; was he not even cold?

I kept staring straight ahead, not wanting to speak to this idiot.

“Oh c’mon don’t ignore me…like seriously what did I ever do to you to make you hate me?” He asked still glancing over at me.

I continued to ignore him.

“Fine, don’t answer! But this is going to be a long awkward search.” He sighed, giving up on me.

He was right, this was going to be awkward if we don’t talk…plus I love to talk so the silence was killing me.

“Do you remember 5th grade?” I said dully, still not looking over at him.

He looked at me confused, “You mean Mrs. Collin’s class?”

I nodded.

“Yeah, what about it?” He asked, obviously not remembering.

“Do you remember how we used to pass each other little notes during class?”

“Oh yeah I remember that!” He said happily, “Those were some good times, huh?” He continued.

“But do you remember that one day when Hans said you were gay for writing little notes to me in class?”

He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off, “Do you remember when I would send you the notes and you would crumble them up and throw them away before even reading them?”

“Do you remember how you started calling me names because I would still send you notes, even after you would crumble them up and throw them away?”

I started feeling the heat rise to my cheeks, I had mixed feelings: anger, sadness, regret…they were all building up, and I was just getting started.

“Flynn...do you remember when you said that no one could ever stop you from writing those little notes to me? Do you?!” My voice started to rise and I felt the threat of tears coming on. But I was stronger than that; I would never let him see me cry.

Flynn looked down at his feet ashamed, of course he remembered, that was the day he broke my heart.