Chapter 4

In case you didn't know, I also work part time as a bartender at a small bar.  Yeah it's a weird combination, working as a bartender and a librarian.  Unfortunately, times are hard and having these two jobs was the only way I was going to make enough money to pay my rent and bills each month.

I finished my shift at nine, and went home.  I was exhausted, and in all honesty I didn't feel to good.  I got a phone call though, right as I sat down.  I groaned a little, but I reached over and answered the call, "Hello?"

"Hey, Jane it's me."

Man, it was Jinxx.  I felt bad, seeing as I was close to falling asleep and I was also in a bad mood.  The people at the bar today expected so much, and it got very annoying after a while.

"Oh hi Jinxx." I said, my voice sounding a little annoyed.

"Hey..are you ok?  You sound mad."

"Umm..I just had a rough day at work is all.  I don't mean to sound mean or anything." I ran a hand through my hair.

"You want me to come over?  I can try and make you feel better." I heard him smile a little through the phone.

I sighed a little silently.  I didn't want anyone really over, but I mean I didn't want to disappoint him, "Sure, that sounds nice."

I heard him smile again, "Alright I'll be right over." He hung up then.

I got changed into black pajama pants and a black tank top.  I went into the bathroom and washed my face.  Man, I felt like shit.

I heard the doorbell ring about ten minutes later, and I went over to the door and saw Jinxx standing there holding a bouquet of pink tulips and a box of chocolate chip cookies.  I smiled big then, "You really didn't have to buy these."

Jinxx smiled and came inside then, "I figured you'd like these, so I had to silly."

I took the flowers from him gently and put them in a vase with water, "Wow, these are beautiful Jinxx."

He smiled and sat down on the couch, carefully taking his jacket off, "No problem."

I coughed a little then and he quickly came over, "Do you have any medicine or anything, or do you need me to go buy some?

I shook my head,"It's ok, I have some." I went over to my cabinet and took some cough medicine.

He smiled softly, and I could tell there was worry in his eyes.  I thought that was really sweet, seeing as no guy has ever really cared for me as a friend before.

"You wanna watch a movie or something?" I asked him.

He nodded, "Yeah sure." He went and sat back down on the couch again.

I went into my room and got a blanket and went and put a movie in.  I forgot what movie I put in because I was really tired.  The medicine I took made me feel even drowsier than before.  I sat next to Jinxx on the couch then, covering myself with the blanket.

It was only ten minutes into the movie, and I could barely keep my eyes open.  I felt a little nervous, but I rested my head on Jinxx's shoulder.  I could tell he was a little surprised, but he went along with it and he put an arm around me.  Jinxx smelt really good I have to admit.  I ended up falling asleep on his shoulder.

I woke up the next morning and saw that I was sleeping in Jinxx's lap.  I quickly sat up and he stirred a little and woke up.  I blushed a little, "Sorry for um..falling asleep on you."

He smiled and ran a hand through his hair.  He had really bad bed head in the morning, "No, trust me it's fine."

I stood up and stretched then, "Well since you're here, you want breakfast? I asked him.

He smiled softly, "Yeah, that's be nice."

I didn't know what Jinxx usually ate, so I decided just to make some eggs and toast, hoping he would like it.

"Hey Jane, this might sound a little weird, but do you think I could use your shower?" Jinxx asked me.

I turned and faced him, "Yeah no problem."

He smiled at me and went to go take a shower.  I finished making breakfast for us about five minutes later.  Jinxx came out then, wearing his clothes, his hair dripping wet.  This might have been the first time I've seen him completely without makeup.

"Well you look nice without any makeup on," I smirked at him.

Jinxx blushed then and flipped the bird at me playfully, "Shut up."

I just laughed at him and handed him a plate.  He looked over the meal and smiled, "Thanks, Jane."

I smiled back at him and sat across from him at the table.

"So are you feeling any better?" He asked me after a little while.

I nodded a little, "Yeah a bit.  Maybe I'll stay home from work today though and call in sick.  They would probably fire me from the library if they found out I was sick."

I wasn't really up for explaining to Jinxx yet that I worked two jobs yet. I already felt like shit and I didn't want to deal with him questioning why I have to work so much.

We finished breakfast then and he chuckled nervously, "Hey you've done so much for me today, and I really appreciate that."

I blushed then, "Really it's no trouble."

Jinxx smiled at me and came over and hugged me.  He smelt like the soap that I keep in my bathroom, which fit him quite well.  He kissed my forehead softly and murmured, "I hope you get well soon.  I would love to stay and take care of you, but I have to go to band rehearsal today..

I shook my head, "Hey now, I can take of myself."

He let me go and went over to the door.  I looked at him and giggled, "You're going to band practice with wet hair and no makeup?"

He laughed a little, "Yeah, I guess so." He gave me a small wave and then left.

I smiled at the door even after he left and went to go call into work and tell them I was sick.  I sat on my couch and layed down on the spot that Jinxx slept on last night.  His scent was still on the couch, and I smiled softly to myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------