Chapter Nineteen

Cailyn's POV

You feel as if someone delivered a low blow to your stomach. You stare at Demi's tear-stained face, not knowing what to say.

You can't believe Naya told her. No one had ever known about what you do to yourself. Naya was never supposed to find out. You feel yourself growing with anger along with the scared feeling you have.

How dare she tell Demi about your biggest secret? She said she wouldn't! You can't believe you trusted her.

She said she wouldn't tell Demi.

You have no idea what to say now.

Demi's POV

Cailyn still hasn't said anything. I watched her face go white and felt more tears fall down my face.

"C-Cailyn.. Say something." I choked out softly.

Cailyn opened her mouth like she was going to say something then closed it again, moving away from me. She scooted away from me and leaned up against the bathtub. I stared at her trying to get her to meet my eyes.

My heart dropped as I watched tears slowly fall from her perfect blue eyes.

"You know you can talk to me. You know I understand more than almost anyone. Talk to me, please." I said softly.

She gazed up at me, with a sad expression on her face.

"I never wanted you to find out. I have it under control. It's not like I'll kill myself or something. You weren't supposed to know.."

More tears came rushing down my face as she said that. I moved closer to her and grabbed her hand. It's so soft and small.

"I used to say that too until I got really bad before rehab. Please, Cailyn.. I love you so much. I will be here to help you get through this.. You have to let me in."

That's when Cailyn started sobbing. She leaned over and buried her head into my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. I held her until she stopped shaking and crying.

"I know your mom left when you were a kid. When did you start hurting yourself?" I asked quietly

"I was diagnosed with bipolar depression at 12. I started self harming when I got into high school. My dad and big sister were always there for me but he worked a lot and she couldn't always be home. She had a life, I didn't. I was bullied and didn't know how to handle it. So I started self-harming."

"I am here for you. I will never leave your side. You're not going to go through this alone anymore. I'm here baby. Please don't hurt yourself anymore.. Please."

She lifted her head up and stared at me. Her eyeliner was running and her face was really red. I smiled sadly and wiped her tears off her cheeks. She heaved a big sigh and wiped her eyes.

I stood up slowly and looked around her bathroom. I saw she had diaper wipes to remove her makeup so I pulled one of the wipes out and sat down next to her.

"Give me your arm."

"W-what?"

"Arm, please."

Hesitantly, Cailyn stuck out her arm and I grabbed it, while wiping off the foundation slowly. Tears came to my eyes when I saw her scars but I didn't let myself cry. I leaned down and kissed her wrist softly.

"I always thought it was cliche to do that but oh well." I whispered softly with a laugh.

When I looked up, Cailyn was just staring at me.

"I love you so much."

"I love you so much too, Cailyn Nicole Williams."

I smiled as she scowled at me playfully. She hates when I use her full name.

I stood up and held out my hand. She grabbed it and I pulled her up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her head in my shoulder again. I hugged her back tightly and rubbed the small of her back. I'm so glad she's the same size as me. I hate when I date people taller. I chuckle to myself at the thought as she pulled away.

"Come on babe, let's go watch Orange." she said with a bright smile as she walked to her room.

I rolled my eyes and followed her. Her obsession for that show is crazy.