Chapter Ten

The Search Begins (Navare’s POV)

          I wake the next evening grumpy due to my lack of sleep. My thoughts kept flashing back to the one I danced with the night before. “Navare?” I growl lowly as I sit up and look at my sister. She takes one look at me and I see her worry. “Oh my brother that youth has you straining yourself.” I just grunt as I get out of bed and walk over to my bar to drink before I get dressed. “He isn’t just some youth, Nyla.” I say as I walk over to my closet after setting the bottle back down on the bar.

           Nyla walks into the room and sits on my bed. “Then what has you so grumpy?” Her worry laced in each word has me sighing before answering, “He’s the one.” At her shocked gasp I walk out fully dressed. “The reason I’m so grumpy is because I never got his name. I keep thinking about him and I can’t push my thirst for him out of my system. His virgin blood and innocence draw me to him though I could have any virgin I wanted, but all that I am say he is my mate.” I give her a helpless look as I continue, “I have an urge that tells me to find him, but how can I when I don’t know who he is?”

          Just as my sister was about to speak Kex walks into the room. “So this is where you went, Nyla.” She giggles as she nods. I pay no attention to the shapeshifter as I usher them out of my room and leave them to themselves. I walk through the palace until I come to the war room and without waiting for the guards I kick the door open. “Mother, Father I need help.” I say and they look at me with complete shock. I chuckle inside knowing I only ask for their help when I am completely unable to do a thing.

          My parents straighten as I walk up to them and I say, “I found my mate at the ball last night but I never got his name. He ran from me as soon as the dawn bells rang. He was panicked so I had no choice but to let him go.” My mother had tears of joy in her eyes while my father just turned inward in deep thought. “You said he panicked perhaps he was in a position making him not allowed to attend the ball.” I thought and nodded agreeing, “That’s possible, but it still doesn’t help me find him again.”

          I heard a couch and giggle behind me so I turned to find that Nyla and Kex had followed me. “I told Kex about what you said and he thinks he came up with a way to find your mystery boyfriend.” I give her a look as she said that last word. “He is not my boyfriend. Those I can use and throw away when I want to. He’s my mate meaning I want him for eternity.” Kex chuckled as Nyla rolled her eyes. “Well what’s the idea Kex?” I hear my father ask. “Well we know that Navare’s mate is male so that narrows the single individuals a bit and if my memory is correct only this mystery youth and like twelve others at the ball were single males. So that’s thirteen total so I thought if we have a description of his costume I could narrow it down a bit more.” I nod and say, “Kex you are a genius at times. He was dressed as a vampire, His eyes and lips matched in coloring black out lining red. Oh and his eyes are blue/violet in color.”

          I notice Kex gets this look of complete surprise at my description. “You know who he described.” My mother says it as fact. He looks away and says, “Yes but I can’t say a word. If his step-mother finds out he came she would beat him to near death.” I growl at the thought of my mate being harmed. “I may not be able to give you his name or his exact address but I can give you the area in which he lives.” I look into his pale gold eyes and see he hates keeping quiet but his loyalty to my mate gives me reason enough to nod saying, “Tell me a location.”

          Kex walks over to the map of our city picking up a red pen as he passes a desk and draws a circle around the location. I walk over as he steps aside and I memorize the area. I place my hand on his shoulder and nod in thanks. I hug my family and then gathering my trusted guards head out into the night air to start my search for my mate.