Better Than None At All

YOUR POV

As soon as I got up the stairs, Henry was holding his heart and he and Peter were both looking at me.

"You..." I muttered and looked into Peter's forest green eyes. I was trying to stop myself from crying.

Why, Y/N? WHY??

"Y/N, it's not-"

"NO!" I shouted at him. "I TRUSTED YOU!!"

Peter just looked at me, like he was bored out of his skull.

"ONE, TOO MANY TIMES!" I kept going.

This fight was going to be just like the last one. Except, this time, some things might go a little more differently.

Peter just looked back at Henry and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Now, Henry, listen to me." He said. "Just give me your heart and all the pressure will go away."

"But, Y/N..." Henry protested and looked at me. "She's-"

"Don't mind that. She's just an illusion," Peter cut my step brother off. "An illusion trying to stop you from fulfilling your destiny!"

Where is he getting all these ideas? I thought as I looked at him in disbelief.

I shot a white ray of my magic at him without even thinking.

He flew all the way to the other side of the "skull" or the "room".

I'm assuming he didn't expect it because he was stumbling about.

"Y/N..." Henry murmured.

"Henry, get out of here." I told him. "Unless you wanna turn into a Henry Sandwich."

That last part was enough to send him running down the stairs and meeting my family somewhere down there.

I walked up slowly to the boy I once thought had a good heart inside him.

Until my right foot hit something odd.

I looked down and saw what seems to be Pandora's Box.

I bent over to pick it up.

It must've fallen out of Peter's pocket when he "flew".

The red gem on top was slightly glowing bright red.

Something was inside it and I'm going to find out whether the owner wants me to or not.

I was examining it when Peter suddenly stood up and saw me holding the box.

His hand flew to his pocket and his eyes widened in realization that his prescious box was gone.

"Don't...do anything...that you'd regret...." He said nervously though he was trying to warn me.

"That I'd regret?" I repeated jabbing a finger at my chest. "I don't think I'd regret doing this."

"No, don't!" Peter shouted.

I threw the box face down as hard as I could, and it broke. Small gears and other box pieces went flying around.

The ruby cracked and it emitted really bright red light that almost blinded me.

Once the light faded, scarlet smoke oozed out of the crack and gathered on the stone floor.

"No!" Peter screamed in a much more female tone.

The smoke faded as well, and I saw a heavily injured Peter Pan with messy hair and ripped clothing.

"Piper..." I muttered and looked back up.