I'm Sorry

YOUR POV

It's been minutes, and I'm still standing there hoping there was some kind of miracle that would swoop down and save me.

Any idea of Henry's "plan" slipped my mind.

"So, (Y/N)," Piper interrupted my thoughts, clearly impatient. "I don't have all day. What're you going to do?"

"We're," I paused. I knew I made up my mind. "Not handing the boy over."

Piper was surprised. This obviously wasn't according to plan. I handed Henry to Felix and they handed him a sword.

We were willing to take measures. And the Lost Boys knew that.

"We're taking Pan back to camp with us." I announced.

"You sure about that?" Piper smirked. "Push him over."

Stanley—aka, buff guy—showed no hesitation and pushed Peter over.

I was prepared for that. I stretched out my hand and it started glowing pink. I held Peter in the air, dang, he was heavy.

I brought him back on deck to the Lost Boys and Henry. They began to until him.

"What do you say Felix?" I asked the boy. "I'm sure Peter has taught you fencing well.

"Indeed Pan did." He smiled, stretching the scar on his face.

***

It was a riot on the ship. Swords clanging, shouts and yelling, bodies of the pirates lying on the grounds.

Piper and I saw it all happening around the two of us.

She glared at me with so much anger, I thought her eyes were going to pop out and roll onto the ship's deck.

I smiled at her innocently, I just spoiled her plan and I have never felt more accomplished in my entire life.

But I could see the gears turning in her head, no matter how much I prayed that she was just rethinking her whole life, I'm sure she's thinking of something else.

Then the weirdest thing happened.

Piper smiled at me and raised her hands in defeat.

"Okay, (L/N)," she addressed me with my last name. "You win this round."

She called off her crew and the Lost Boys were stunned. I looked at Piper, confused.

I wasn't confused about winning. I was confused that she would just give in like that. Her brother would never do that.

I was also confused with what she said.

'You win this round.'

There's more?

Before I could ask any more questions, Piper bid us off goodbye and we were back at camp as if nothing happened.

I looked around me to see that Felix was busy helping Peter out and Henry went off to the direction of Wendy's treehouse.

I walked up to Peter and Felix.

"Could you give us a minute?" I asked. Felix nodded and left.

Peter was already sitting on the ground with his back against the log.

His head was hanging and he was slouched, his hands resting on his bended knees.

"Hey, Peter..." I began. He looked up at me, his eyes looked really tired, but he managed a weak smile.

"I'm...sorry." I said.

"I know." Peter replied. "It's okay."

He looked back down as if he was trying to hold in his pain. Then Peter looked back up at me.

"I'm sorry too." I said quietly.

"You shouldn't be sorry for anything!" I exclaimed as I sat beside him. "It was all my fault."

"Love, how could it be your fault?" He asked.

I looked at the cuff on his hand.

"I put that there." I explained.

Peter laughed a little. "You thought I didn't know?"

"Wait, you knew?" I asked, stunned.

"I did."

"Since when?"

"Right when you placed it on me." Peter smiled.

"But why didn't you stop me?" I asked him.

"I thought you wanted to be happy," Peter said. "I knew revenge would make you feel better, and I was willing to take measures to make you happy."

"But—" Peter cut me off.

"Sh..." He said. "Let's not dwell on that right now."

I looked down and saw his hand. I remembered he still had the cuff on.

I took his hand in mine, and removed it. I shoved the cuff into my back pocket.

"Sorry about that, too." I blushed in embarrassment.

"It's okay, Love." Peter brushed it off like it was no big deal.

He placed his arm around my shoulder and rested my head on his chest.

"It's okay." He repeated as he rubbed small circles on my shoulder.

We were in that position for awhile. Peter's hot breath brushing against the top of my head made me feel warm and safe.

The slow rising and falling of his chest and his arm around my shoulders was just perfect.

But I knew this awful good of a time wasn't going to last long.

I frowned at the thought of it. I don't know if my bad mood was coming from my lack of lunch or not.

Soon, it was time for dinner. Me and Peter finished ours quickly and I accompanied him to his treehouse.

Hey, he still wasn't feeling well.

I laid him down on to his bed and went over to the cupboards, I took out a wooden spoon and a tin cup.

"What're you doing?" Peter asked from the other side of the room.

"Making you tea." I replied and conjured up a tea bag.

"You don't have to do that," Peter protested. "I could just use my magic."

"No magic." I told him. "I've had enough of that today. Besides, you need proper care."

"Mhm.." Peter groaned and wrapped himself under the sheets.

I poured hot water into a basin and placed the tin cup inside. I left it to heat up. After a few minutes, I placed the tea bag inside.

I glanced at Peter and saw that he was fast asleep.

He must've been really exhausted.

I cast a spell on the cup to keep it warm till morning and placed it on his bedside table.

I tucked Peter in and kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight." I whispered.

I felt my back pocket and pulled out the cuff.

"You have brought me nothing but trouble." I told it.

I ripped my shadow off and handed it the cuff. "Hide it where no one can find it, will ya?"

It nodded, took the cuff from me, and flew out the window.

Before I feel asleep, Piper's last words involuntarily replayed itself in my head.

You win this round.