Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Jack

Pain.

That's all I felt. It felt like that's all I knew. All I was able to recognize.

When I pushed her out of the way so that pickup truck wouldn't hit her, I knew that what I was doing was right. Elsa would have passed out right away. I heard her say that Pitch hit me.

But he wanted to hit Elsa instead.

Every once in awhile I would get a glimpse of Elsa, her eyes full of tears, soaking her soft cheeks.

Then it would go all black.

This time I got a longer glimpse. "Jack, we're here. Stay strong for me Jack." She whispered and kissed my forehead.

"I will." I whispered weakly and closed my eyes, going unconscious.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"...memory...sorry...head...heart."

"...he...up...does...me?"

"...telling...sweet...wait..."

Elsa

Once we got to the hospital, I saw Punzie, Mer, and Hic with Jack's mom.

They hurried Jack away. "Wait where are they taking him?!" I asked as a doctor blocked my way.

"We need to check on him, darling." She said. "No I need to be with him!" I said, tears soaking my face as I tried to get past the doctor and a few other nurses.

"That can't be allowed miss. Once he's able to have visitors we'll let you in with his parent or guardian."

"I'm Jack Frost's mom." Jack's mom said hurrying over to me. "We'll contact the two of you once he can have visitors. Are those kids with you as well?" The doctor said.

I nodded and the doctor let us stay in a waiting room. We were all silent in there.

I was sitting next to Jack's mom, who was clutching onto a tissue.

I broke the silence. "It was my fault. We were arguing and I didn't see the truck coming at me and he pushed me so I wouldn't get hit. It was all my fault. I'm such an idiot." I whimpered and stood up.

Hiccup sighed.

"Elsa, it's not your fault. That Pitch guy is a douche. He's with the cops and I think they plan on arresting him. We'll beat him senseless whenever we get the chance to." He said and walked up to me.

He rubbed my back. "But still. That pickup truck could have killed me. I can't take a hard impact like that. And do you think you or Jack will be able to get through this? Without being scarred for life? He might even breakup with me." I said and Jack's mom walked up to me.

"Jack would never do that to you darling. Of course it'll take time for him to heal. And he will survive. He's strong, I should know. And he won't breakup with you either." She said. I nodded and Punzie and Mer spoke up.

"If you don't mind me asking Elsa, but what happened?" Mer asked.

I sighed and the three of us sat down. "I got mad at Jack because of what happened at lunch with Pitch. Pitch was just harassing me or whatever and he didn't even notice. And if he did he didn't even come over to help. He was too busy talking to Tooth to even look at our table. So I just sort of yelled at him after school since he wouldn't talk to me during classes. And then I just left since he didn't answer to me. I was crossing the street and then Jack just pushed me onto the ground, away from where I was and then I saw that he got hit by the pickup. And Pitch was driving it. And I've been having nightmares about today since of what happened to Pitch a few weeks ago. And I couldn't tell Jack about that either." I said and Hic sighed.