Chapter 4

Blake's POV

After seeing Ellery fall from the tree I knew I had to protect her, I kept a close eye on her. I followed her home from school and watched her do her chores. Later that night I watched her in her room she had a thin curtain drawn so I couldn't see directly in but I was able to watch her shadow. After watching her go around the room she began to change. I turned my back wanting to respect her but I couldn't help catch a glance. Her hourglass figure was perfect her arms and legs small her long hair flowing down her bare back. I turned back around and waited I heard her open the window and watched as she exited through the kitchen. Following her, we reached the school. I watched her go into the forest and climb the tree again. When she was back down she walked east. Eventually, we reached an old barn something I knew to be a rouge hideout. I followed her inside looking around to ensure she was safe. While I was doing so she had turned on her flashlight and realized I was behind her. She turned and shone her light at me jumping. I apologized and she ran to me. Before I knew it she had her arms around me with her face buried in the crook of my neck. I felt warm all over and felt a smile creep upon my face. She began to sob and I comforted her stroking her hair and whispering in her ear. I lifted her bridal style and began to take her home. She soon fell asleep in my arms, she looked so peaceful. I snuck in through the kitchen door remembering the beating she received. I took her upstairs to her room and laid her down. I took off her shoes, socks and jacket placing them on a nearby chair. I took a moment to take in her room, it was lavender it had French doors and a tiny balcony. There were little lights hanging in one corner of the room with a white chair beneath, there was a small old white desk along the wall and a flower print stool and beside her bed, she had a white nightstand with a black lantern holding three white candles. I turned back to her and noticed she had moved over enough for me to slide in. I wanted to so badly I wanted desperately to lie with her and hold her close but I couldn't. I was on my way out when she called my name, I turned around and saw she was still asleep. I walked back over and kissed her lightly on the forehead before vanishing from her room leaving a daisy and a note on her nightstand.

Ellery's POV

I woke the next morning in my bed remembering the night's events. I quickly sat up remembering Blake I frantically searched my room for him but he was gone. I went to get out of bed and noticed a daisy and note, disregarding the daisy I grabbed the note and read. "Good morning my beautiful Ellery I hope you slept well. There is something I must tell you and I apologize for having to tell you this in a note. It pains me to tell you that we may not see each other again until your 17th birthday. I can't explain why but I will later, for now, my angel I must say goodbye.

- Blake

Once I had finished reading I had noticed I was crying my tears began to smug the note. I pulled the note to my chest closed my eyes and opened them. I pulled myself together and got out of bed. I walked to the calendar at my desk and counted the days till my birthday, only five days left.

The next four days went by painfully slow. With the same old routine and same abuse. From the morning I read Blake's note I had been feeling funny almost sick. I went to the school nurse about it but she said nothing was wrong. I did have a fever, however, but I was always warmer than others so I thought nothing of it. On my birthday I woke extra early and did all my chores with a smile on my face. Knowing I would see Blake again made me the happiest girl in the world, and nothing could ruin my day. I left early for school dropping all my siblings off. I got to the high school and noticed I was the first one there. I've never been this early. I shocked my friends when they saw me doing some homework in the hall as they arrived. All of my close friends gave me hugs and wished me a happy birthday. The day went by at a reasonable pace. When school let out I left to pick up my siblings. I returned them home safely made dinner and then went to my room. I changed out of the jeans and t-shirt and into my white sundress that I matched with a blue jean jacket. I quickly left the house just missing my parents. I walked back to the school and found my tree then walked east. Before I could reach the barn a massive black wolf walked out in front of me. I didn't know what to do. So I stayed still. The wolf left into the bush and I kept walking before I was stopped by Blake. I turned around to see him in nothing but jeans. I just stared at him taking him in.

Blake's POV

I had been watching her all week making sure she got to school and back home okay. I watched her go to work and while she worked. She was stunning in every way. Her birthday came painfully slow I had been counting down each second. When it finally came I couldn't wait to see her again. I waited for her to leave her house and walk to school. She went to our spot but kept walking. I could sense danger neer the barn so I walked out in front of her to make her stop. Only after I saw her terrified face that I notice I was in wolf form. I went behind some bushes where I knew I had some hidden clothes and changed. I came back from behind the bush and grabbed her arm. As our skin touched I felt the sparks. I noticed her looking at me for a moment before she looked into my eyes. When they met my world turned upside down. I grabbed her and pulled her into me now feeling the sparks everywhere. I pulled away and looked down at her "mine" rolled off my tongue making chills run through her. As soon as I said that she began to shift. I watched as her bones broke and healed and re-broke. Her painful cries made my heart sink. Finally, the screaming and cracking of bones stoped and a howel replaced them. Ellery stood in front of me in her silver wolf. I had never seen a silver wolf before. She looked startled then saw me and her face softened. I shifted with her first taking off my jeans. I saw Ellery's eyes widened and then watched as she turned and put her paw over her eyes. Once I was in my black wolf I rubbed my head against hers. I pushed into her head so that I could speak, creating a new link. "My sweet Ellery I know you're shocked right now but if you will follow me back to my pack I will explain everything." She nodded and then followed not saying a word. I started with a walk than a jog and then a full sprint. I let her get used to her wolf form before pushing her. At one point she passed me and I had to push harder to keep up. I trailed behind her trying to keep up. She ran right to my pack how I have no idea but she was able to find it somehow. When we entered the main square she stoped. Everyone was staring at her some of my men had come out to defend the pack growling at my mate. I pounced in front of her and growled back circling her. Everyone in wolf form layed on their stomach and those in human bowed their heads. "This is Ellery, my mate I want nothing but respect for her," I said through the open link

"Yes Alpha" everyone responded.

I nudged Ellery with my snout and she followed me. I took her to the packhouse and went in through the garage. I told her to turn around so I could change. She did and I shifted quickly putting on a pair of basketball shorts. I told her it was okay and she turned back to me. I put my hand on her and stroked the back of her head. I felt her breathing quicken beneath my hand.  "Follow" I whispered into her ear. she nodded and gave me a wolfish grin. I took her into the house and walked her to the main staircase. "Go up four flights of stairs and your room is the one on the right at the end of the hall," I told her. She shook her head and began to climb. I went to speak to my father.