Chapter 22

"So Caleb Ryder will tutor you until the time I take another test, if you do better, well then you won't need one anymore" Mr. Anderson says smiling at me.

"What if I don't get better?" I say shifting my gaze from Caleb to my Professor.

"Then you will be tutored until I see some improvements, Ms Jones" Mr Anderson says in a stern voice.

I huff, there's no way I will be good in maths within just a month. I am going to be stuck with Caleb for the rest of the year. Can't let that happen!

"Sir, it would be better if you change my tutor" I say smiling feebly and hoping he would understand.

"And, why is that?" Mr. Anderson asks me thoughtfully.

"Yes, I would like to know too" Caleb finally speaks up from the side. His eyes narrows on me and he sits up straight.

I ignore his gaze and walk up to Mr. Anderson and speak softly for only him to hear, "Sir, you know about his reputation, right? I just don't want to get involved with him and be in trouble, that's all"

"I am sitting right here, I can hear you" I see Caleb glaring at me from the seat and speak up loudly. But I again ignore him and look pleadingly back at Mr. Anderson.

"Yes. yes, I understand" Mr.Anderson replies and I give a victory smirk at Caleb, "But you see, Mr. Collins has ordered me to let Caleb tutor someone, and right now, there isn't anybody except you"
My luck!

Now, it is Caleb's turn to smirk back at me. Jerk!

"But, Mr. Anderson" I huff again, then suddenly remembering I speak up, "What about Billy? He sucks.. Sorry, I mean he is really bad in chemistry, physics, maths and what not, let Caleb tutor him"

"Billy is a hopeless case, everybody knows that, and I can't tutor him on all the subjects. Plus, it's my decision to choose who I want to teach, I choose Jones" Caleb says proudly looking at Mr. Anderson.

"That's right too" Mr. Anderson sighed, "Bella, I'm sorry. Mr. Collins has asked me to select someone of Caleb's choice. I have nothing to do but oblige"

"But Mr. Anderson.."

"No more but-s please" The teacher glares, "Just go thorugh your schedule and work out the time table for it. Now, both of you leave"

I literally storm out of the room in frustration and Caleb walk behind me smiling triumphantly. No way I'm gonna be tutored by him. But what else can I do?!

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" I frown and turned around to meet Caleb.

"What?" He asks as if he doesn't know. Such an actor!

"You chose me deliberately, isn't it?"

"You heard what the Professor said, you were the only lost cause he could find, nothing to do with me. I'm just your prince in shining armour" Caleb winks at me and smiles mischieviously.

"I am sorry, I don't give away Oscars, so just stop with your drama, will you" I reply pitying his actions and wince when the pain on my lips starts again.

"Fine. I don't see how you can talk so much when you are in pain" Caleb looks at me with concern and I can see his smirk fade away.

"I have to, since the day I met you, I am just having too much drama to keep my mouth shut" I reply still wincing in pain, "And do you really know maths? I know you get straight A's, but really can you even teach?"

"I have never taught before, but I could try. And why do you think I get A-s if I can't do maths?"

"Well, the power of money is everything, isn't it? At least that's how our school rolls" I remark.