Chapter 16

The next morning in school, I ditch my 1st class to go look for Caleb in the entire school. I hope he has come to school today. His friends haven't seen him, but they told me about the places he could be if he isn't in his class. That's so obvious! I have never seen him in any of the classes.

 I search for him in all the places like the backyard playground, the boy's locker room, which by the way I didn't enter, but asked one of the boys to look for me, awkward! Also the basket ball court, a classroom in the third floor which until today I knew to be out of reach for students, and even the library, which was a shocker to me. Though he is a straight A student, I really can't imagine him studying. Never!

I want to see Caleb, talk to him and just make him understand why I did not meet him yesterday. He is hurt and yet he waited for me there, and he even came to see me, so obviously he has some very important answers ready for me. Stupid me! And stupid my luck! Why everything had to happen in that particular day?! I will meet him today. I want to know the answers.

For the entire 1st period I couldn't find Caleb anywhere, so I retire back to my class. At lunch Nina and I meet up with Noah in the cafeteria. He didn't do any classes today, he came to take admission again as a student. Yiiieee!

"So you really are serious about staying?" Nina asks for the hundreth time, since she has heard about it.

Noah rolls his eyes, "Yes, bad luck sweety, your nightmare is back!"

I giggle, "And where will you be staying?" 

"The house that was always mine" Noah sighed and continued, "Uncle has transferred all the rights to both of your mothers as my guardians as he has to go overseas permanantly and it would be difficult for him to take me there. He already has a huge family with four kids, you know? Both of your mothers agreed like angels and would have the rights of guardianship until I turn eighteen, that is till next year. The house was never sold, so I am gonna go and stay there as I used to"

That's really a great news, "So when were you going to tell us?"

"I was going to give you both a surprise today after taking the admission and meeting up with you two here, but..." He stops to look at me, his expression cold.

Nina promts quickly, "But what?"

"Well, I got such a shocking surprise myself I didn't feel my own surprise woud mean anything more than that to you both" Noah gives a half smile looking suspiciously at me. 

I ignore that look and change the topic before it could get any more weird. Noah didn't stay long, and went away as soon as the Principal called him once again, so after a few minutes we went back to our classes as well.

After the school was over, I still couldn't find Caleb anywhere and so decide to head back home. But suddenly an idea comes up in my mind and I pick out my phone to call Sean,

"Hey Sean? It's me Bella"

"Bella? What's up?"

"Umm.. I need a favor. Actually I.." He cuts me and speaks up,

"Wait up, where are you? Meet me in front of the gate"

"Oh okay, wait there, I am coming" and I hang up the phone and run back to the front gate where I have met Caleb several times before.

As I come infront of the gate, I see Sean and Peter waiting there for me,

"Hey guys" I approach them smiling.

"Hey, Bella, What's up? You said you needed a favor?"

"Actually yes, I needed to know Caleb's address"

I look at them, and they stare at me in disbelief, "What? Why do you need his address for? Are you going to complain to his father?" Peter asks me in shock. I see Sean give him an elbow punch to keep quiet and he speaks instead, "Why do you need his address?"

"No, Why would you think I would complain? I just want to talk to him!" I look at them in shock. Complain? Really? What am I? A five year old? And suddenly Caleb's voice echos in my head, A five year old would be better than you. 

Oh stop it Mr. jerk, you are not even here, I don't want to get annoyed by you when you are not here!

"You had plenty of times to talk yesterday, but as you didn't show up, I would suggest you never meet him again" Peter says sternly.

"Listen, please, I had my reasons, just give me his address, I want to talk to him" I plead guiltily in front of them.

"We can't, Bella, we also have some reasons. The fact that Caleb decided to tell you his reasons and was willing to work this whatever thing you two had, was a huge step from his side. But you didn't support him Bella, you didn't come yesterday. He waited there, he hoped that you would show up out of fear or due to any other reasons, we don't know. But he hoped, and you too betrayed that hope" Sean's words stuck like lightening to me.

"Sean, I never knew he was so serious about this. And it's not that i didn't want to hear them, it's just that I had reasons, you know? Noah came after a year, and had I known Noah was going to stay here forever, I would have excused myself for Caleb, but I didn't know. I know it was my fault and am really sorry, but he can't just push me away for that" I say it out loud and feel terribly guilty of it.

"Caleb is not like other boys you have met Bella, he has his reasons for being the way he is now. I know It's hard for others to adjust to him, but so is for him to adjust with others. He hasn't ever dated a girl before, neither have we seen him go out with any girl or ever speak to us about liking someone less alone love. The fact that he is trying here with you is surprisingly a big thing. We can't say the reasons Bella, it's not our place to say." Sean sighes after saying the things which brings out a different side of Caleb.

I was about to say something when Peter speaks up, "Do you even like him like that?" 

Peter's question had me think hard as I stand there blinking at them without a proper answer. What should I tell them? I don't even know myself. At past I used to like him, but as he changed so much, my likeness for him changed too. Now, I really don't know anymore.

"Let it be!" Sean breaks the silence, "If you want to know the reasons, you have to try harder, Bella. He won't be so easy this time around"

"I know" I say looking down at my feet, "I have messed up this time, but just tell me where I can find him, so that I can fix this" I plead again.

"Alright!" Peter sighs, "Lets just tell her Sean" and they both exchange a glance after which Sean nods in agreement.

"He doesn't get home until late night" Peter says after assesing me for a few minutes, "He can be in only one place now, Bob's garage. You can fnd him there; he works there"

"What? He works there?" I ask in astonishment.

"Umm.. yeah.." Sean says while scuffling his hair, "He would probably kill us both for this. But I think we are doing the right thing by letting you know. Go and resolve it, if you can"

Caleb works in a Garage?!! But why? He is like the most richest boy in this town, why does he need to work? And why the hell in a garage?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hello everyone... :D How you doing? Miss me? lol :P
But I missed you all..
So here is a small chapter.. It's not exactly a filler.. But oh well.. -_-
Next chapter- Caleb and Bella meets again,.. 
Hope you are all enjoying.. 
Looking forward to votes and comments.. 
Bye :* :)