Chapter 21

"Caleb called off the bet" Nina says watching me through the mirror in the girl's toilet, "Seriously Bella, trust me"

"I trust you, but I don't trust the people who told you this" I say, splashing water on my face. I got a good scolding from our Maths teacher today, because I got a D in it, Again!! I am royally pissed right now.

"The boys wouldn't lie, Bella, why would they?"

I look at her in shock. "Don't you know? They are Caleb's friends Nina, they would murder anyone if Caleb asks them to, lying is not such a big issue for them right now" I say wipping the dripping waters off my face.

"Bella, I know Caleb did wrong, but you just can't hate everyone for his mistake" Nina says hurtfully. I know where this is coming from. I turn to her,

"Nina, I am not blaming anyone for Caleb's mistakes. I don't hate Jake, or any of the boys for that matter, I just... I am just done with Caleb, or anyone related to him"

"Caleb called off the bet many days ago. He accepted the defeat and left it be. It was not a bet anymore" Nina looks at me from the corner of her eye as I am trying to fish out my phone from my bag.

"If he had called it off, why did Tim say that Caleb had won? Why would he make such a fuss if it was closed long ago? Huh?" I ask her irritatedly.

"Maybe to ruin his reputation, maybe to humiliate him infront of everyone" Nina guesses, trying to make me feel better.

"Ahh" I laugh at Nina's answers as I see two girls enter and as soon as they see me, go away smirking and gigling, "Yeah right! The only person affected by what happened last friday is me. Caleb became more popular by doing this. I on the other hand is infamous, but by ruining my reputation and getting humiliated infont of the whole class. You better shut up Nina, or I swear I am not going to talk to you as well" I glare at her.

"Okay, fine" She raises her hands and after a pause starts speaking again, "You want to change the topic?"

"Yes please!!" I exclaim, going through my class schedule on my phone.

"So, any thoughts on what's going on in your mind right now?"

"Arghh" I sigh in frustration, "I have to meet Mr. Anderson after this period, apparantly I am going to be tutored by someone to make my grades better"

"Oh.. poor babe" Nina consols me while smiling.

"Nina" I glare.

"What? I'm sorry, but Bella who gets a D- on the same test Mr. Anderson took two months ago?"

"Whatever, I didn't find the paper exactly the same. One or two questions may have been common, but else no way!!" I say shaking my head in both direction.

"Yeah, because you suck at maths, big time!! Even Mr. Anderson confimed that he had repeated the question paper" Nina says, still laughing.

"Shut up Nina!!" I scowl.

"Okay, on a serious note, did you talk to Noah after friday night?" Nina ask me, avoiding to look at me.

"Nina! Seriously? Didn't you see how crappy my day is going? Are you trying to make it more difficult?" I half-yell at her, throwing my bag over the marble basin and looking away in frustration.

"Bella, how long are you going to ignore the fact that Noah kissed you last friday night? Huh? He did kiss you, accept that! Will you? And I am not making it more difficult, it has been difficult for me also, since I am stuck in the middle between my two best friends. I don't want to pick sides Bella, and neither do I want any of you to get hurt" Nina says  softly. I have completely forgotten that she might be affected by it too.